What did you cook/eat today (October 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 10775

For my OH's birthday yesterday.

It's his favourite too.

I cooked 2 x 35 cm chocolate cakes, brushed with reduced cherry syrup doctored with almond liqueur then stuck together with whipped cream dotted with bottled cherries
Chocolate ganache poured over the top then decorated with more cherries, plus whipped cream & maraschino cherries.

Stunning!

View attachment 10775

For my OH's birthday yesterday.

It's his favourite too.

I cooked 2 x 35 cm chocolate cakes, brushed with reduced cherry syrup doctored with almond liqueur then stuck together with whipped cream dotted with bottled cherries
Chocolate ganache poured over the top then decorated with more cherries, plus whipped cream & maraschino cherries.

:hyper::hyper::bravo:@Frizz1974 that's fantastic!! Complimenti! Congrats! Very very good...

Vegan Cinnamon Buns:

20171003_175337.jpg

I tossed some ribs in the slow cooker
As far as I'm concerned, there's no better way to have ribs than out of a slow cooker. I do usually baste them and finish them off in the oven, but that's just a detail: the meat is falling off the bone from being in the slow cooker, and that's what really matters. Another great reminder from this web site...time to get some ribs and dust off the slow cooker!

They look amazing! How to they taste? And please do explain the vegan part: no egg or butter...?
They are not over sweet and they taste of cinnamon. No egg (which is usually used in 'enriched dough') - I just left it out to see what would happen and instead of butter I used a vegetable margarine with high fat content. I'll post up the recipe when I get time. They are very similar to a recipe you posted for
Cinnamon Rolls

They are based on an earlier recipe I posted (non vegan) Chocolate Cinnamon Buns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom