What did you cook/eat today (October 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was actually last night...or yesterday to most of you lol....
Bought a ready made roasted chicken last night at Sam's warehouse, then felt guilty with my...background.
So in an effort to right the ship a little, I made butter-and-wine sauteed Mushrooms flambe'....

413578476.gif

I felt SO much better! :D

You certainly caught that flambé on camera. :okay: This could be a first - flambéing a ready cooked chicken. With butter, wine and mushroom sauce, I bet it was delicious.

Wednesday night's dinner was bangers, eggs and chips with tomatoes, onion, mushrooms and a mini orange pepper. The veggies were cooked in the oven in a covered pan with olive oil and a splash of water, and were oozing in juices. The bangers were also done in the oven. The egg was dry-fried. All served up with a large dollop of English mustard, a squeeze of brown sauce, a little parsley.
WP_20171004_22_38_33_Pro.jpg
and a large chunk of bread to mop up all those delicious juices.

Mostly leftovers (potato salad, mac & cheese, coleslaw for hubby), with the addition of fried cod from the market and sliced tomato from my kitchen counter...previously from the market. Basic, tummy fillers. Too tired to do much anything else. Must get to bed earlier tonight...

Tonight's dinner was bean stew with cabbage and mint salad, and a thick slice of home made wholegrain bread, followed by rice pudding that I cooked very slowly overnight after I made the bread :D And yes, I did make the salad in a Tupperware - just shake and it's ready, and easier to store the leftovers in the fridge :laugh:

Bean stew with cabbage and mint salad.jpg

36 hard boiled eggs and not a single one cracked! Only 2 were for my lunch. Another 10 are for keeping to eat over the weekend and the rest will be pickled tomorrow after a long peeling process which I now have sussed. No longer do I struggle to peel eggs.

Evening meal ironically included eggs which were cooked in the soup we had.

6 (more) eggs were fed back to the girls in an omelette... They are getting 6 or 7 eggs a day between them now.

The downside is that they laid another 14 eggs today. :o_o:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom