What did you cook or eat today (April 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2019-04-23 17.56.32.jpg
Saffron garlic shrimp pasta

Stunning! I would love to see a recipe for the Masala.

I just whizzed up about 15 dried chillies, 6 cloves garlic, a nob of ginger, 2 teaspoons tamarind paste, 2 teaspoons chilli powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp mustard powder, 1 tsp fenugreek powder, 1/2 tsp tumeric, and a little water.

Before making the paste had already rubbed a little tumeric and salt on the fish. Then rubbed the masala paste in and left for an hour.

Fried the fish in coconut oil that I'd added a handful of curry leaves to, and also sprinkled a light coating of chickpea flour over the masala coated fish before commencing to fry.

I succumbed to a beef and piccalilli sammy at mid day. Later I'm making a sammy I get from a takeaway place I like.
The beef just melts in the mouth so I'm making a beef tomato onion and relish sammy.

Russ

I just whizzed up about 15 dried chillies, 6 cloves garlic, a nob of ginger, 2 teaspoons tamarind paste, 2 teaspoons chilli powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp mustard powder, 1 tsp fenugreek powder, 1/2 tsp tumeric, and a little water.

Before making the paste had already rubbed a little tumeric and salt on the fish. Then rubbed the masala paste in and left for an hour.

Fried the fish in coconut oil that I'd added a handful of curry leaves to, and also sprinkled a light coating of chickpea flour over the masala coated fish before commencing to fry.

I like the idea of the tamarind paste in the mix - and also the addition of curry leaves (they are hard to find fresh here. I must try the recipe. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom