What did you cook or eat today (April 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean the Great British Bake-off? Its been a huge success in the UK. My only gripe is that it has too many sweet things (I'm not a cake person).
I'm watching it in the USA on Netflix (streaming service). It's called "The Great British Baking Show" here. Seasons 1-3 with Paul Hollywood & Mary Berry; Season 4 with Paul Hollywood and Pru Leith.

Cooking later for 2 (couples)of our closest friends, 4 of us all went to the same school. The other two just through partners. We all have a blast teasing each other.
Garlic bread
Samosas starters with rhaita and tamarind chutney.
Blue cod beer battered with salad and twice fried chips.
Cheesecake.
Then euchre, that's always a scream. Just prepping now, chips first cook done. Then I'll precook the fish. Blue cod is to die for. It's heaven. $50 kg ATM. But I have some from swaps from Stewart island. The colder the water the better. Stewart island is cold.

Pics if I'm not too Brahms and Liszt !! :)

Russ

Cooking later for 2 (couples)of our closest friends, 4 of us all went to the same school. The other two just through partners. We all have a blast teasing each other.
Garlic bread
Samosas starters with rhaita and tamarind chutney.
Blue cod beer battered with salad and twice fried chips.
Cheesecake.
Then euchre, that's always a scream. Just prepping now, chips first cook done. Then I'll precook the fish. Blue cod is to die for. It's heaven. $50 kg ATM. But I have some from swaps from Stewart island. The colder the water the better. Stewart island is cold.

Pics if I'm not too Brahms and Liszt !! :)

Russ

That all sound wonderful.

More of a Chicken a la King as there is no layering as with a pizza. I just made the sauce and spread it on a muffin. Yours looked good today until I read "anchovy" and I just...couldn't. I'm a wuss.

In this case the anchovy was blitzed with garlic, breadcrumbs, parsley, EVO and seasoning in a processor and then spread on the tuna, so not too strong if you're not keen on the taste.

Had it again last night at work on late shift but obviously, and unfortunately, reheating in a microwave made the tuna a tad chewy.

I mentioned the pizza thing as pizza is dish of the month (or whatever it's called).
I was hoping to do some mini fish pizzas and some other mini pizzas but I think I'm going to run out of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom