What did you cook or eat today (April 2020)?

Curry.

I messed up. Did a pickup yesterday. I ordered a bone in, not sliced, 1/4 ham. I did not check the substation email. I got a package of sliced ham and pieces. :hyper:
Shame on me .
:scratchhead:Looking through the pantry and fridge for ideas. Maybe something along the lines of a twisted Mac and Cheese.
That ham bone can supply a lot of flavor to soups. The absolute best split pea soup (which I normally think of as boring) I've ever had was cooked with a ham bone.

The problem is that I did not get the bone in ham. I got a package of over salted bits and pieces. Gross. I wanted the bone in for the bone. Love it in soups and slow cooked beans.

What is in your curry? Chicken?

Yes chicken and peppers mainly. Plus onions, curry powder, mustard seeds, coriander seeds , lime juice, and green chilli. Made creamy with coconut cream.

I make more traditional curries too ( which use no curry powder) but we just happen to like this one a lot.

It's a new thing here, never seen it before! I liked it.
We've had those here longer than I've been alive. When I was a kid, the only flavors I remember (for the dipped part) were chocolate and butterscotch. Nowadays, though, it also comes in strawberry, orange, cherry, blueberry, peanut butter, and a few others.

We can buy it for home as well, under the brand name Magic Shell, to pour over scoops of regular ice cream in a bowl.

Back
Top Bottom