What did you cook or eat today (April 2020)?

Smoked haddock lasagne.
Recipe from a Love Food Hate Waste Guernsey calendar.

We were in Calpe In November and bought tinned cockles which we used and also some mussels in garlic butter. Chucked everything in.

Alas, my dining out venue has shut down. The air conditioning unit has been jacked up too high for comfort. And there's this white precipitative stuff.

View attachment 40180

But today's menu is apple pancakes (in a few minutes). Later: bison steak with mushrooms and bell peppers.

I love snow..... About once in 5 years,lol.

Russ

Due to shit weather and boredom we did a load of pickles today. I’m not the biggest fan of pickles but my wife is a native of Lithuania so naturally adores them. Finished with spaghetti & meatballs. I now make them with turkey mince, more tender and half the fat but with no loss of flavor, maybe it’s just me...

Due to shit weather and boredom we did a load of pickles today. I’m not the biggest fan of pickles but my wife is a native of Lithuania so naturally adores them. Finished with spaghetti & meatballs. I now make them with turkey mince, more tender and half the fat but with no loss of flavor, maybe it’s just me...View attachment 40213
View attachment 40214

The pickles look great. Why such a short 'use by' date? Pickles keep for years.

I've never used turkey mince in anything. For sure its going to be less fat - its also quite economical here. Your meatballs do look lovely and light.

Back
Top Bottom