What did you cook or eat today (April 2020)?

Not the most photogenic I'm afraid but tender and tasty. Garlic chicken cooked in a bag. With some Richardson's Jersey Royals and a salad.

View attachment 40232

Cooked in a bag? You mean you put it in the bag as in 'en papillote'? You mention Jersey Royals - does this mean they are in season. They are truly delicious.

Cooked in a bag? You mean you put it in the bag as in 'en papillote'? You mention Jersey Royals - does this mean they are in season. They are truly delicious.

One of those plastic bag jobbies. Whack some chicken breasts in the bag, add the seasoning, shake it up and stick it in the oven.
When cooked cut open the bag, scald your fingers, and pop the chicken on a plate.

One of those plastic bag jobbies. Whack some chicken breasts in the bag, add the seasoning, shake it up and stick it in the oven.
When cooked cut open the bag, scald your fingers, and pop the chicken on a plate.

Effectively that is 'en papillote' and its a great way to cook. I don't use plastic bags but foil or foil lined with baking parchment. You make it into a sealed parcel/tent adding seasoning, wine etc.

Sausage, egg and chips. I make no apologies. It was bloody lovely.

No pic, but I had instant oatmeal this morning (blech, but we milk enough for just one, so that went to MrsTasty), a chicken deli meat sandwich for lunch (with chips/crisps), and a giant baked/jacket potato covered in butter, cheese, baked beans, and raw onion, with lots of garlic salt and pepper.

Tandoori pork chop. From the Hamlyn all colour cookbook. Served over rice with mixed veg.
For the life of me I can't work out what is meant to be Tandoori about this dish.
I've now made this a few times and I think it'll be the last, I doubt I can improve it any more without totally changing the recipe into something else entirely.
Pork chop, yoghurt, paprika, ground ginger, tomato puree, garlic, bay leaf, peppercorn. I also added some dried chili flakes because I found this so bland last time, thinned down the marinade a little and added another dollop of tomato puree into the remaining marinade at the end.

View attachment 40234

I see what ya mean, I would do lamb chops and the red colouring added to look like this

Russ

Back
Top Bottom