What did you cook or eat today (April 2020)?

The second of the Hello Fresh things.

Teriyaki Beef with jasmine rice and cucumber salad.

George cooked ribs on his Weber Kettle. He is a rib master. It does not matter how he cooks them they are always delicious, juicy and tender.

I made potato salad and a tart cabbage slaw. The sauce is Sweet Baby Rays warmed with a little lemon juice to cut the sweetness.

George cooked ribs on his Weber Kettle. He is a rib master. It does not matter how he cooks them they are always delicious, juicy and tender.
View attachment 39419

I made potato salad and a tart cabbage slaw. The sauce is Sweet Baby Rays warmed with a little lemon juice to cut the sweetness.

View attachment 39420

I'll have some of those George's Weber Ribs please. :hungry:

How much of this 'Hello Fresh' meal is actually supplied in the delivery? I got the impression from the adverts that you had to supply some parts of it.

Well in the two that I've done so far everything but the water! Although in the first one, the Pork Linguine, it did suggest an optional pinch of sugar which was not included.
I was quite impressed with the quality of the ingredients, I don't think I'll join though as I'd rather make up my menus myself.

Well in the two that I've done so far everything but the water! Although in the first one, the Pork Linguine, it did suggest an optional pinch of sugar which was not included.
I was quite impressed with the quality of the ingredients, I don't think I'll join though as I'd rather make up my menus myself.

Oh - so they supply the fresh beef etc for the Teriyaki beef? I can see that being quite useful to a lot of novice cooks - and maybe even more useful right now.

Oh - so they supply the fresh beef etc for the Teriyaki beef? I can see that being quite useful to a lot of novice cooks - and maybe even more useful right now.

Yes, beef and pork mince supplied. I assume (yes I know what assume does :D) that they are supplied in some sort of cool tray, I'll ask my daughter.
The good thing about this service is that only the amount of ingredients you need are supplied whereas if I cook something that needs mushroom ketchup or anchovy extract the rest of the container will probably go off before I get to use it again.

View attachment 39419

View attachment 39420

Ask g if he's tried sucklebusters sauces and rubs, I've used Williams rubs as well.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom