What did you cook or eat today (April 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife and kids out of town. Made a buffalo chicken pizza

20220416_192355.jpg

My Father use to make us all Tacos, using corn tortillas, fry them to a crisp-tender, not rock hard, fill them with the kitchen sink and serve `em piping hot, right away. He use to say that if a Taco didn't drip down your elbow, it wasn't any good :laugh:
My husband doesn't care for eating with his hands, it's too messy for him 😒 Me, I don't mid getting a little messy when I eat, that's what napkins are for 🤓 oh, and SHOUT 😄

My Father use to make us all Tacos, using corn tortillas, fry them to a crisp-tender, not rock hard, fill them with the kitchen sink and serve `em piping hot, right away. He use to say that if a Taco didn't drip down your elbow, it wasn't any good :laugh:
My husband doesn't care for eating with his hands, it's too messy for him 😒 Me, I don't mid getting a little messy when I eat, that's what napkins are for 🤓 oh, and SHOUT 😄

Who needs forks and spoons, when we were born with the perfect eating utensils on the ends of our arms.

CD

By the time I am done eating 3-4 of those I have a full plate of taco salad and finish it all with a fork
That’s what I like about these particular shells. They’re paper-thin, like the ones I usually see in restaurants. They stay crunchy, but they don’t fall apart at all. Those Old El Paso/Ortega ones, they’re too thick and they break apart.

Yep! Now, in Mexico (and really good TexMex joints), they would fry the taco shells immediately before serving, so they are crispy, but not falling apart.

CD
I’ve done that before, and it’s a good way to make them, that’s for sure. I was about to go that route again when I saw these particular shells and thought I’d give them a try, and they worked out really well.

kaneohegirlinaz - I also don’t like eating with my hands if I can help it.

I did a search, and came up empty. What is a cob?

CD

"A cob is a small, round loaf of bread, or a small, round bread roll. Originally they would have been made with four simple ingredients: whole wheat flour, water, salt and some 'sponge' that provided the yeast to make the bread rise."

Sometimes called a bap or breakfast roll.

Last night's sushi dinner. I plated mine, hubby ate his out of the containers, lol. I had more after I ate this (I only put half of the roll on the plate at first). It was really good!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom