What did you cook or eat today (April 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Paternal Grandmother, back in Hawaii, made Mango Chutney for days. Got to really dislike the stuff.
I never liked it. I have a friend in Florida (the same guy who drank prune juice and vodka shooters) who is a chef (he was the pastry chef at Commander's Palace in New Orleans, LA) who made a variety of chutneys that he bottled and sold in specialty shops. He was always trying to get me to taste it, and I didn't even like his!

Baked ham, scalloped potatoes, and green beans with sage-chive butter:

Lazy day. Had our Easter meal yesterday. This afternoon I made air fryer tator tots. One plate with normal chili no beans and garden fresh chives. One plate with queso Blanco with jalapeño and chives out of the garden. One with bbq sauce and some left over beef brisket. Everybody ate them up. Sometimes simple is enjoyable.

You need to try making Tater Tot Hot Dish, a Minnesota specialty. Tasty can tell you all about it. It is a caserole, and I think I saw someone on YouTube make it in an air fryer a while back.

CD

This was lunch today. Today is the anniversary of a death that hit us hard 5 years ago so we’ve mostly slothed out in front of the tv & eaten comfort foods. We are cheese-a-holics and have had our sights on this artichoke spinach dip for ages. It’s not something you see here in Oz.

Delicious. View attachment 83856

I love spinach and artichoke dip. I haven't made it in a while. I need to. I hope it lifted your sprits.

CD

You need to try making Tater Tot Hot Dish, a Minnesota specialty. Tasty can tell you all about it. It is a caserole, and I think I saw someone on YouTube make it in an air fryer a while back.

CD
Yeah, definitely. That’s the state dish of Minnesota. There’s no one definitive recipe, though. It just has to contain tater tots, cheese, and some kind of condensed canned soup, and from there, the variations are endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom