What did you cook or eat today (April 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody said I couldn't

Breakfast this morning was an omelette, bacon, O'Brien hash browns and apple pecan butter toast with a banana.

Even with the Irish name, O'Brien hash browns (AKA: Potatoes O'Brien) is probably American. They are diced potatoes, pan fried with red and green bell peppers, very similar to home fries in the US.

EDIT: Just looked, and yes, they were invented in Boston.

CD

Even with the Irish name, O'Brien hash browns (AKA: Potatoes O'Brien) is probably American. They are diced potatoes, pan fried with red and green bell peppers, very similar to home fries in the US.

CD
Yes, they are American. Boston and Manhattan argue about in which city it originated.

T
Yeah, definitely. That’s the state dish of Minnesota. There’s no one definitive recipe, though. It just has to contain tater tots, cheese, and some kind of condensed canned soup, and from there, the variations are endless.
There is a famous family over there that made headlines here years ago for having about fourteen billionty offspring. I remember looking at their website (they started a cult?) and they have all these recipes for ground meat & canned soup mixed & poured into a dish and topped with tata tots and baked.

This was when I was at the peak of striving to get my autistic son to eat a vegetable & I was horrified. 🤣

IMG_1532.JPG

OH_MY_GAWD!
GBD!!!
Japanese-Style Fried Chicken, Kara`age
the ever present steamed White Rice (sticky, like sushi rice, just not seasoned) and my Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (or kimchi, but whatever)
Followed by some Shoyu (Soy Sauce) and Furikake atop the Rice
OISHII!!!
One of our favorite meals, I haven't made this in a while.

The char siu noodle shop had run out of bok choy today; so they substituted Morning Glory. I couldn't really tell the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom