What did you cook or eat today (April 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No silly, homemade condensed soup.
But I found a really nice recipe to make homemade cream of mushroom soup and it makes 1 cup, perfect for the hotdish, eh?
Ahhh, sorry, I misunderstood. The only caveat to that I can think of is the canned soup is used undiluted, in its condensed form, so just using regular soup, it’ll likely be too thin.

Ahhh, sorry, I misunderstood. The only caveat to that I can think of is the canned soup is used undiluted, in its condensed form, so just using regular soup, it’ll likely be too thin.
You know, I’m wondering if you could make a basic cheese sauce, minus the cheese - make your butter and flour roux, add the milk, let it thicken, then in with some seasoning and the mushrooms. I’ll bet that would be pretty close.

I'd heard of Hotdish, but had to look this one up.
TastyReuben do you use Sour Cream in yours? Or just the soup?
Now I want a big dish full.

Having grown up in a Lutheran household, I knew what a hotdish was from an early age. They were common at pot-luck suppers, a major Lutheran tradition. Minnesota is very Lutheran. The hotdish started there, and spread through the Lutheran Church all over.

CD

Missus Next-Door-Neighbor and I went to have linner (late lunch/early dinner) at our local Mexican joint ...

IMG_1534.JPG
IMG_1535.JPG

I ordered (from left to right on the plate) Chicken/Bean/Rice Burrito and a Chile Relleno, very good! (that's their "order two" with no beans or rice)
My dinner companion ordered a Chicken Tostada.
Then we went across the street to play Bingo at the community next to ours, FUN!
We didn't win, but it was fun all the same.

Last edited:
Yesterday I've preserved 4kg of bananas with some oranges and remaining fruit salad in the form of jam. In Germany we've a special kind of sugar, especially produced for making jam and that's the part, were It got funny, as I didn't had enough of it. So I've used all the remaining sugar I had, some regular white sugar and a palm sugar mix, to make sure there is enough sugar, to fight all the nasty bacteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom