What did you cook or eat today (April 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from our weekend away, so here is the catch up.

On Sunday, lunch at Chakra in Buxton (menu on another thread) Potato Samosa Chaat.

Yesterday at The Royal Oak near Longnor, Wood Pigeon Breast with Mushroom Risotto and Red Wine Jus, followed by White Chocolate and Strawberry Meringue Roulade.

Blue cod c/o son and d.i.l who shouted us dinner the other night at their local restaurant the silver dollar. Very nice.
I made wiener schnitzel last night. With smashed potatoes. Recipe c/o jamie I watched on tv earlier. With fried eggs.

Russ
Note: I dont usually watch jamie, I find him smarmy. But that's just me.

Russ

Oooooh, every shade of brown in one serving
Ahhhh, but the treasure lies beneath:

This one is ham, onion, mushroom, condensed cream of chicken soup, broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, and tots, assembled in that order.

But that’s the beauty of tater tot hotdish - as long as you have tots, cheese, and cream of anything soup, you can add whatever else you want and…hotdish!

View: https://youtu.be/uFnOtbpJIwU

I'd heard of Hotdish, but had to look this one up.
TastyReuben do you use Sour Cream in yours? Or just the soup?
Now I want a big dish full.
Thanks. This one was just the soup, but that’s the beauty of hotdish - if you can dream it, you can do it! :laugh:

I think I got a week’s worth of sodium out of that, though, between the ham, the soup, and the cheese.

Ahhhh, but the treasure lies beneath:

View attachment 83946
View attachment 83948
View attachment 83947

This one is ham, onion, mushroom, condensed cream of chicken soup, broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, and tots, assembled in that order.

But that’s the beauty of tater tot hotdish - as long as you have tots, cheese, and cream of anything soup, you can add whatever else you want and…hotdish!

View: https://youtu.be/uFnOtbpJIwU
You sure it's not called "hotdamn"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom