What did you cook or eat today (April 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I mentioned in another thread, I made shrimp and pasta for my parents today. That is their favorite dish that I make. They were very happy. No photos. I should post a recipe. It is actually very simple. It is something I just made up one day to feed my family without a plan, and my family loved it. Now they keep asking me to make it.

CD

As I mentioned in another thread, I made shrimp and pasta for my parents today. That is their favorite dish that I make. They were very happy. No photos. I should post a recipe. It is actually very simple. It is something I just made up one day to feed my family without a plan, and my family loved it. Now they keep asking me to make it.

CD
Yes please.
I love shrimp.
When we drove from AZ to FL, taking the southern route, I ate fresh shrimp every chance I got.

Yes please.
I love shrimp.
When we drove from AZ to FL, taking the southern route, I ate fresh shrimp every chance I got.

I will write up a recipe, based on my memory, which is not 100-percent solid. I just make it. I don't have anything written down. But, it is so simple that even my old brain should be able to write up a recipe.

CD

I will write up a recipe, based on my memory, which is not 100-percent solid. I just make it. I don't have anything written down. But, it is so simple that even my old brain should be able to write up a recipe.

CD
Most of my faves are in my head as well. Although my daughter made me do hard copies for the future.
Look forward to your recipe btw.

Russ

Oh caseydog you're not that old!
But I do have something for you ... :whistling:
5b.jpg

Wendy’s, and here’s how that happened:

For months, probably years, I’ve told MrsT, “I want a day off from cooking, so Friday nights, you take care of supper. It can be a bologna sandwich, it can be a Big Mac, it can be the most expensive steak in the city, I don’t care, just handle it.”

That has never worked out. Fridays roll around, and she still has no idea.

I told her Monday last, “Go look at this restaurant, see if you like it, and we’ll go early Friday, around 5PM, before the rush.”

She looked at it, deemed it acceptable.

Today, I was scrubbing the deck, so she decided to do some yard work as well, picking up the tree limbs that have blown down over the winter.

She’s a fall risk from her stroke, our yard is full of mole hills, she has low energy because of her heart problems, and she’s susceptible to heat stroke because of her autoimmune disorder and the meds to manage her autoimmune disorder (it was 75F/23C and bright sun today).

I strongly cautioned her to find something else to do. Nope, picking up tree limbs in the hot sun it was. Stubborn is too light a word for her.

A little while after that, she collapsed from the heat and the strain, so we had to get her in the house and cooled down and all that.

So…that’s how supper out at a proper restaurant turned into cold fast food in the house.

Wendy’s, and here’s how that happened:

For months, probably years, I’ve told MrsT, “I want a day off from cooking, so Friday nights, you take care of supper. It can be a bologna sandwich, it can be a Big Mac, it can be the most expensive steak in the city, I don’t care, just handle it.”

That has never worked out. Fridays roll around, and she still has no idea.

I told her Monday last, “Go look at this restaurant, see if you like it, and we’ll go early Friday, around 5PM, before the rush.”

She looked at it, deemed it acceptable.

Today, I was scrubbing the deck, so she decided to do some yard work as well, picking up the tree limbs that have blown down over the winter.

She’s a fall risk from her stroke, our yard is full of mole hills, she has low energy because of her heart problems, and she’s susceptible to heat stroke because of her autoimmune disorder and the meds to manage her autoimmune disorder (it was 75F/23C and bright sun today).

I strongly cautioned her to find something else to do. Nope, picking up tree limbs in the hot sun it was. Stubborn is too light a word for her.

A little while after that, she collapsed from the heat and the strain, so we had to get her in the house and cooled down and all that.

So…that’s how supper out at a proper restaurant turned into cold fast food in the house.

View attachment 84089

Sorry to hear about that. I take it that any frisky business is out of the question fo tonight. :wink: Hope she feels better tomorrow.

CD

My sister and I had King Ranch Chicken tonight. Good comfort food. I'm not sure if I posted a recipe for that. Tasty has it in one of the church cookbooks I sent him, I think.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom