What did you cook or eat today (April 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Today's meal was pizza! I cooked up and consumed a pepperoni pizza for supper.

What kind of cheese is on that pizza? The pepperoni also looks like Italian hard salami -- which makes a good pizza topping.

CD

IMG_1483.JPG

It was Asian Fusion tonight.
Grilled Teriyaki B/S Chicken Thighs
My Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (or kimchi, whatever)
and the very present steamed White Rice, topped with Aloha brand Shoyu and Nori Komi Furikake... one of our favorite meals!
I got the Kim Chee a bit hot this time :heat: but ONO (that's Hawaiian for delicious) all the same!

In an Australian beer garden, 24 degrees celsius, cold beer, and a perfectly cooked fillet steak with a blue cheese sauce. It doesn't get much better.

View attachment 83184

That looks very different from what I think of as a filet steak in the US. Looks GREAT, but different (very nice char). I'll have to do some internet searching to see if I can find a difference in what you and we call a filet (besides the spelling difference).

CD

That looks very different from what I think of as a filet steak in the US. Looks GREAT, but different (very nice char). I'll have to do some internet searching to see if I can find a difference in what you and we call a filet (besides the spelling difference).

CD
To be precise...the menu called it a "reverse seared rib fillet". It was a good inch thick...and supposedly 300gms.

To be precise...the menu called it a "reverse seared rib fillet". It was a good inch thick...and supposedly 300gms.

View attachment 83185

That may be what we call a ribeye steak in the US. It looks like a ribeye by the way it is splitting apart along fat lines. Smoked for 3 hours is new to me, but the flame grilled finish looks as I would expect it to. What was the interior doneness? I like medium rare. If slow smoked over really low heat, that could happen. I'm fascinated by this steak. I love to know new ways to cook steak.

CD

That may be what we call a ribeye steak in the US. It looks like a ribeye by the way it is splitting apart along fat lines. Smoked for 3 hours is new to me, but the flame grilled finish looks as I would expect it to. What was the interior doneness? I like medium rare. If slow smoked over really low heat, that could happen. I'm fascinated by this steak. I love to know new ways to cook steak.

CD
They probably incorporated the smoking because a reverse sear is at a low temp, like 250 or less and if you do a lot of smoking that's a pretty convenient opportunity, plus it adds flavor. Just a guess though.

CD
Was definitely medium rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom