What did you cook or eat today (April 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was our snack earlier:

He has a brand new book out called The Wok. It's 658 pages! I had to buy a wok (which cost less than the book)

David Chang had a chat with Stanley Cheng, the inventor of the flat bottomed home wok on his podcast last month. Very interesting

An Expert’s Perspective on Pots and Pans

I have to say for myself that I rarely use my wok as I’m never happy with the amount of heat produced by a stove at home.

If I want to make something that really needs that “wok hei “ I light my charcoal BBQ.

That's what is cool about that recipe. A modern classic. I've only done it once, myself, but it is on the menu some upcoming Sunday as I bought a bunch of chickens for my freezer..
I was a little suspect the first time I made it, but the write-up about it was so glowing, I had to try it, and wow, it’s just fantastic. That sweet-and-salty really work with this.

David Chang had a chat with Stanley Cheng, the inventor of the flat bottomed home wok on his podcast last month. Very interesting

An Expert’s Perspective on Pots and Pans

I have to say for myself that I rarely use my wok as I’m never happy with the amount of heat produced by a stove at home.

If I want to make something that really needs that “wok hei “ I light my charcoal BBQ.

I have a Weber wok for my Weber kettle. It is cast iron instead of high-carbon steel, but it can get seriously hot over a pile of charcoal.

WeberWok.jpg

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom