What did you cook or eat today (April 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing as yet. Second Wednesday I buy lunch for granddaughter. Her choice. She just txt me.
Big mac with choc shake please. 12.30 delivery.
She gets what she wants as her school report is glowing.
I need to pick up some booze as well.
Bottles of gin and coruba.

Russ
Similar with my daughter from time to time, besides the burgers and fries, she loves the vanilla caramel shake.

20230412_143435.jpg
20230412_143443.jpg

Good that I keep the pictures, they spark my memory. This was a lovely cauliflower, celery, onion soup with some noodles, rice cakes (or fried rice patties that is) from leftover cooked (perhaps overcooked) brown rice, pickled cucumbers.

A surprisingly successful, delicious banana bread, I mean moist, soft, glutenfree, sweet enough due to raising and mango (both dry, then soaked), the chocolate cover, decadently good...
20230412_161317.jpg
20230412_154711.jpg

I used a lot of coconut crumbs, just because I rediscovered 2 packs of it, I don't think I used any other flour, as far as I remember.

Very tasty home-made bread spreads. The darker one being mashed brown beans with tom sauce), the lighter sunflower seeds, water,sunflower oil, and fresh lemon juice blended. Yes, I received a blender as a gift from my boyfriend for my birthday, was super excited and happy. The sunflower spread came out in two variations, 1. with the lemon juice, more finely blended, lighter coloured,
20230421_101345.jpg
with some more water. 2. without lemon juice, more coarsely blended.
20230420_220038.jpg

For my daugther's birthday, we had some cake fails, but it all ended up well and lovely, she enjoyed her time with her friends. She was in charge of the cooking/baking. She intended to do a three-layered - fresh fruit cake (called Icy wind aroudn here, Ledeni vjetar, I'll insert an illustration), and wasted 22 eggs in the attempt, ON the day , so she concluded that it is better or easier to order a cake, which we shall do next year. She made lovely no-bake chocolate balls, I helped out with some simple muffins, and we added some store bought cakes too, so it was fine. She is 15 years old now.
20230423_134746.jpg

ledeni-vjetar-recepttura-recipe-card.jpg

Illustration of the Icy wind cake, as it is referred to here, from Recepttura website.

Frozen bag of Bertolli chicken florentine with farfalle cooked on the stovetop. Garlic bread made with a small sub roll from the freezer and homemade garlic/ParmR butter.

The meal was okay for a frozen dinner. I will add grated parm and a little bit of chicken broth and cream next time.

Lazy cooking night.
20230426_175523.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom