What did you cook or eat today (April 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am flabbergasted that you don't like mussels. You just haven't figured out a way to cook them that you like. Do you have the green lipped?
Yes we do. Marlborough mussels. A joint holiday we used to go to have the .mussel barges.we caught snapper beside them. Big snapper

Russ

Yes we do. Marlborough mussels. A joint holiday we used to go to have the .mussel barges.we caught snapper beside them. Big snapper

Russ

By snapper, I assume you mean the fish, not the turtle? Red snapper are big in the Gulf of Mexico. The biggest are out about 50 to 100 miles offshore. We used to go out there on my neighbor's fishing boat when I was in high school.

My favorite fish to eat, too.

CD

By snapper, I assume you mean the fish, not the turtle? Red snapper are big in the Gulf of Mexico. The biggest are out about 50 to 100 miles offshore. We used to go out there on my neighbor's fishing boat when I was in high school.

My favorite fish to eat, too.

CD

Yip. No turtles here. They were my fave until blue cod came along.

Russ

I am flabbergasted that you don't like mussels. You just haven't figured out a way to cook them that you like. Do you have the green lipped?

Unfortunately I like mussels but I'm allergic to them. I've eaten them twice and both times I had an asthma attack. I used to be asthmatic until my early 20s but then it cleared up - except for eating mussels.

Thai pineapple fried rice with chicken and grass and fresh red chillis in fish sauce.

I prepared the pineapple, the chicken and the steamed rice. Then my wife took over.............

I seriously believed that I was going to be allowed to cook it myself as she had intimated that she was going to see her friend. But no......

Last time I did them they raved about how good they were. I try take a pic?

Russ
I adore mussels.
Unfortunately I like mussels but I'm allergic to them. I've eaten them twice and both times I had an asthma attack. I used to be asthmatic until my early 20s but then it cleared up - except for eating mussels.
Is it all shellfish? Clams and oysters too? So sorry.

I adore mussels.

Is it all shellfish? Clams and oysters too? So sorry.

No, it appears to be just mussels. I'm reluctant to give them another try as the attacks were quite violent.

Homemade ravioli stuffed with mesquite smoked chicken sausage with red peppers and asigo cheese.
20230428_093832.jpg
20230428_095513.jpg

Russ
Julie Red Snapper.jpg

This one was caught just a couple miles offshore. I caught much larger ones than this on our more extensive fishing trips but back then I didn't have a way to take photos except a 35mm camera (which I didn't take with me of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom