What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out to eat with my dad, place was reasonable but the company was better 😉
We had a surprise menu, and it consisted of a starter of burrata salad & carpaccio, and then rissoto with pork belly & fries ?!
It was fine but risotto with cream & cheese and pork belly and fries was just too rich for us.
20240420_123614.jpg

20240420_130845.jpg

20240420_130848.jpg

IMG_8074.jpeg

Enchilada plate (4)

IMG_8075.jpeg

Some kind of shrimp thing

MrsT met a client in town to hand off their travel documents. Wife had to work, so it was just the husband.

She said she’d text me when she was done and I could just roll into town and we’d have supper there.

I got there right as he was leaving, I actually held the door for him.

I sat down, and he’d had a beer and some kind of appetizer, and MrsT had iced tea, so there were glasses and things to clear.

Server came over, asked MrsT if everything was was ok, glanced at me and did a double-take.

MrsT said, “Oh, sorry. The other man left, and now he’s here <indicating me>…can we get a couple of menus? We’re going to eat.”

“It’s ok,” I said, “That was her husband. I’m her boyfriend.” 😏

Always keep ‘em laughing, that’s what I say. She laughed so hard, her leg spasmed and kicked me in the shin! 😖 :laugh:

View attachment 112544
Enchilada plate (4)

View attachment 112545
Some kind of shrimp thing

MrsT met a client in town to hand off their travel documents. Wife had to work, so it was just the husband.

She said she’d text me when she was done and I could just roll into town and we’d have supper there.

I got there right as he was leaving, I actually held the door for him.

I sat down, and he’d had a beer and some kind of appetizer, and MrsT had iced tea, so there were glasses and things to clear.

Server came over, asked MrsT if everything was was ok, glanced at me and did a double-take.

MrsT said, “Oh, sorry. The other man left, and now he’s here <indicating me>…can we get a couple of menus? We’re going to eat.”

“It’s ok,” I said, “That was her husband. I’m her boyfriend.”

Always keep ‘em laughing, that’s what I say. She laughed so hard, her leg spasmed and kicked me in the shin! 😖 :laugh:
Those are my plates!

Roasted tomato vege soup with grilled ham and Swiss sandwiches. Soup had oven roasted tomatoes obviously, plus some onion, some fennel, some garlic, some roasted and peeled red bell, and some chopped up carrots that boiled with the roasted vegetables, some fresh thyme, bay leaves, with some chicken broth. Took out the aromatics, used the immersion blender, and then it sat in the refrigerator for a couple of days because i didn't realize craig had eaten all the ham. Reheated the soup and added just a touch of cream right before serving.

20240420_183725.jpg

Last edited:
Roasted tomato vege soup with grilled ham and Swiss sandwiches. Soup had oven roasted tomatoes obviously, plus some onion, some fennel, some garlic, some roasted and peeled red bell, and some chopped up carrots that boiled with the roasted vegetables, some fresh thyme, bay leaves, with some chicken broth. Took out the aromatics, used the immersion blender, and then it sat in the refrigerator for a couple of days because i didn't realize craig had eaten all the ham. Reheated the soup and added just a touch of cream right before serving.

View attachment 112547
The perfect lunch for a rainy weekend.

I love the optical illusion of that cat. I realize he/she's got front legs tucked under as sitting on the back of that couch or chair, but it looks like he's stuffed in a sack lol!
That's called "loafing" because they look like a loaf of bread when they do it, and it's the most adorable thing ever. 🥰

Ashs looks like a chubby loaf of rye bread. 😂

Lunch on day 5 had a great view, or would have had if we could have stayed long enough. Just as we were about to sit down to eat, the thunderstorm arrived and we decided that being above the lightning probably wasn't the best idea. The place was called hanging rock and it wasn't the activity of execution but because of its exposure and location... in fact there was an earthing plate in the ground not far from the picnic table and when that storm arrived, I wasn't too happy about being there, plus it was raining really hard.

20240418_122538.jpg
20240418_121949.jpg

Hubby did ask why I wanted to descend into the storm... 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom