What did you cook or eat today (August 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
20190815_074641.jpg

Dinner last night
Cornish hen cooked over carrots, onions, garlic and mushrooms.
vine ripe tomatoes
fried green tomatoes
Went to the vegetable market yesterday. Next to the register was a basket of huge green tomatoes. I could not resist. I had to purchase one for fried green tomatoes.

I was just thinking about fried green tomatoes recently. I haven't seen any around here lately.

2019-08-15 17.44.22.jpg
Took the meat off and shredded the leftover braised lamb sharks, used the braising liquid/gravy, added some canned tomatoes and more red wine to make lamb Bolognese over polenta.

Hi, that came out looking pretty good.

I am having Cashew Shrimp tonight, delivered. lol DH is having boneless ribs, he worked late on the leaky washer.

Peppercorn steak, more or less, with a baked stuff onion and some pickled beets.

That's supposed to be a brandy-and-cream sauce, but we ran out of brandy, so I used red wine (probably should have used white), so the sauce is a little pink.

The onion was stuffed with potatoes, onion, cream cheese, chives, and salt and pepper. Topped with parm cheese. A little tedious, but really tasty.
4E7A5380-A536-4355-ABB2-5779F66ABA49.jpeg

Peppercorn steak, more or less, with a baked stuff onion and some pickled beets.

That's supposed to be a brandy-and-cream sauce, but we ran out of brandy, so I used red wine (probably should have used white), so the sauce is a little pink.

The onion was stuffed with potatoes, onion, cream cheese, chives, and salt and pepper. Topped with parm cheese. A little tedious, but really tasty.
View attachment 30883

We love Beetroot, I bottle my own. Meal looks yummy.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom