What did you cook or eat today (August 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do get the pastry to look like that - the pattern I mean?
It's really easy.

Lay the dough out and roll it a bit until you have a rectangle. The size doesn't really matter, but I try to handle puff pastry as little as possible.

Once you have that, take a bench scraper or dough scraper, something with a straight edge, and go along one long side, making angled cuts about a third of the way in, and about an inch apart, all along the side.

Repeat on the other long side, and you should be left with a third of the dough in the middle intact.

Spread your filling along that middle third, brush the cut edges with egg wash, then alternate wrapping them up around the filling.

I probably made it sound difficult, but it took me longer to explain than to do.

Let me know if that makes sense. If not, I'll bet I can find a video somewhere. It's really simple.

Evening meal out.

Everything there is soya meats.
Hubby had the roasted chicken on salad.
I had the vegetables and soy chicken in mushroom sauce with cashew nuts (it was meant to have been soy beef but hubby ordered the wrong thing for me. Oh well.) I managed the whole meal using chopsticks for once (except for those final few mouthful of rice that were now coated in a sauce instead of being stuck together. I'll sure chopsticks are the reason behind sticky rice)

20190817_182555.jpg
20190817_182344.jpg

It is also the first time I think I've seen them so busy (we usually go at lunchtime week days and not evening meal on a Saturday night). There wasn't a table free and people were being turned away from a totally vegan resturant.

Evening meal out.

Everything there is soya meats.
Hubby had the roasted chicken on salad.
I had the vegetables and soy chicken in mushroom sauce with cashew nuts (it was meant to have been soy beef but hubby ordered the wrong thing for me. Oh well.) I managed the whole meal using chopsticks for once (except for those final few mouthful of rice that were now coated in a sauce instead of being stuck together. I'll sure chopsticks are the reason behind sticky rice)

View attachment 30947 View attachment 30948

It is also the first time I think I've seen them so busy (we usually go at lunchtime week days and not evening meal on a Saturday night). There wasn't a table free and people were being turned away from a totally vegan resturant.

Looks very good.

It's really easy.

Lay the dough out and roll it a bit until you have a rectangle. The size doesn't really matter, but I try to handle puff pastry as little as possible.

Once you have that, take a bench scraper or dough scraper, something with a straight edge, and go along one long side, making angled cuts about a third of the way in, and about an inch apart, all along the side.

Repeat on the other long side, and you should be left with a third of the dough in the middle intact.

Spread your filling along that middle third, brush the cut edges with egg wash, then alternate wrapping them up around the filling.

I probably made it sound difficult, but it took me longer to explain than to do.

Let me know if that makes sense. If not, I'll bet I can find a video somewhere. It's really simple.

Thanks - I understand perfectly.

Late lunch of liverwurst on salteens with mayo and onions and homemade ice tea.

Last edited:
Never had it, never heard of it. To me, teal is a color.

Yes indeed. The teal colour name comes from the teal bird. It has a bluish-green stripe extending from its eye area to the back of its head. Its a freshwater duck (and a very beautiful one).

green-winged-teal-ducks_03.jpg

My wife has been given 2 kgs of water chestnuts this evening. What do I do with 2 kgs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom