What did you cook or eat today (August 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silkie chicken, forbidden rice and dragon fruit salad.

2019-08-16 18.37.44.jpg

Open-faced pulled pork done in a fresh peach barbecue sauce (sure wish I knew where I'd gotten that recipe :(), oil and vinegar slaw, and fresh tomatoes.

This was a complete hack of a meal; the pork was from the freezer (didn't I just say I don't freeze things?), and the slaw was made with bagged shredded cabbage.

Same with dessert later. Oh well, it's Friday, so I took it easy. :happy:
5584BB5B-82D3-47F1-853A-13E17A2F74A8.jpeg

A quickie strudel cheat using frozen puff pastry (I'm ok with that) and tinned apple pie filling (definitely not ok with that).

It was ok for a low-effort dessert, but really, that store-bought filling is just nasty. A lot of super-sugary gel.
744D19E8-E6C6-43C2-83DA-5C97B8E7D5B8.jpeg

Open-faced pulled pork done in a fresh peach barbecue sauce (sure wish I knew where I'd gotten that recipe :(), oil and vinegar slaw, and fresh tomatoes.

This was a complete hack of a meal; the pork was from the freezer (didn't I just say I don't freeze things?), and the slaw was made with bagged shredded cabbage.

Same with dessert later. Oh well, it's Friday, so I took it easy. :happy:
View attachment 30924
Had pulled pork, grilled peaches & slaw for July 4th weekend, and repeats from planned leftovers. Good stuff.

Not a big appetite during this neverending heatwave. Pan fried lemon chicken paillard. Chicken cutlets seasoned with s&p, dipped in egg, & seasoned breadcrumbs w lemon zest & pan fried. Caprese salad on the side.

Last edited:
A quickie strudel cheat using frozen puff pastry (I'm ok with that) and tinned apple pie filling (definitely not ok with that).

It was ok for a low-effort dessert, but really, that store-bought filling is just nasty. A lot of super-sugary gel.
View attachment 30929

How do get the pastry to look like that - the pattern I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom