What did you cook or eat today (August 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D6315EA1-F105-4525-A4EE-E094196C82B9.jpeg

Custard for cinnamon ice cream. This is the first of a few things I am preparing ahead of time for our big weekend get together.

In the States, the first Monday in September is Labor Day, and we traditionally have a massive barbecue to celebrate. In my case, it will be ending with ice cream.

Chicken strips soaking in butter milk. Southern fried chicken later and twice cooked fries. No pub tonight as daughters coming around with grandson. Mr 6. He likes these.

Russ

Totchos, please splain for a dumb Ol kiwi boy.?

Russ
Well, I don't know about a dumb ol' kiwi boy, but I'll tell you...nachos made with tater tots.

On the off-chance you don't have tater tots there, they're frozen ready-made potato croquettes, more or less. Kids love 'em, and adults do to, though they won't always admit to it.

So, bake a sheet pan of tots, then throw taco meat on top, beans, and cheese, then back in the oven for a few minutes to melt that together, then top with chopped onion, peppers, sour cream, whatever you like.

Total trash food, but very good anyway.
A2F794D6-FEC0-414F-A91C-2F66EC39E2D6.png

Well, I don't know about a dumb ol' kiwi boy, but I'll tell you...nachos made with tater tots.

On the off-chance you don't have tater tots there, they're frozen ready-made potato croquettes, more or less. Kids love 'em, and adults do to, though they won't always admit to it.

So, bake a sheet pan of tots, then throw taco meat on top, beans, and cheese, then back in the oven for a few minutes to melt that together, then top with chopped onion, peppers, sour cream, whatever you like.

Total trash food, but very good anyway.
View attachment 31381

Ok gotcha, we have wee potato balls. My wife makes a mince base and top lined with potato balls. She cooks about twice a year, normally if I've had a long day. I like the sound of it. I make chicken croquettes so I can imagine the process.

Russ

The meal last night was that bad that we went in search of breakfast this morning. No way did either of us want whatever they managed to serve up. Every time I tried for bread last night, I kept being offered gluten free bread when all I wanted was the ingredients list so I could check the normal bread...

So this morning, without even having to consult each other, we were up and out of three hotel for 7am. An hour later found us in the Sainsbury's cafe. Yes the food in the hotel was that bad.

Smashed avo on sourdough toast. It was their only vegan offering but after last night I didn't care. I had it twice! Hubby had their vegetarian cooked breakfast and a pain au chocolat afterwards. Infinitely preferable to the hotel's offering.

No photo, I was too hungry after not having eaten last night. Maybe tomorrow I'll get you a photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom