What did you cook or eat today (August 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used a dumpling press for years. Mine is plastic. Takes a few seconds. It seals and crimps the dough in no time, & cost next to nothing. You can make dumplings/Potstickers, pirogy, ravioli, samosas, little fruit pies. You can make calzones or hot pockets with the larger presses. Try a Google for "dumpling press" or I will try to post a pic or link when I get to my laptop.

Here ya go. This is similar to mine. Easy Peasy. I sit in front of the tv and make up a batch. Lay the dough or a won ton wrapper on top, add a teaspoon or tablespoon of filling, wet the edges, fold in half. Done. Perfect every time!

th20LZUO8F.jpg

https://www.bing.com/shop?q=dumplin...&originIGUID=1429E9E84C2E4730809EC678C32A50E5

I do Taco Tuesday a lot, and these are tacos I make a lot for Taco Tuesday. Chicken tenderloins, seasoned with salt, black pepper, granulated garlic and a powdered cayenne. Cooked in a cast iron skillet. I use flour tortillas, sort of fajita style -- good corn tortillas are hard to get, and I don't want to make them for just one plate of food. Toppings vary. Tonight it was lettuce, grated cheese, sliced onion, and Hatch Chili salsa (Mateo's).

View attachment 31328

CD

Looks good! Great photo too. :okay:

Halibut.

And even considering the potential dire consequencies I must say “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehova!”.

You wrote about halibut beforw - you can get it a fraction of the price that it is here and its a Chef's gourmet fish. Lucky you!

Gorgeous! Is that sage I spy? I'm loving your food photos - the colours are always so vibrant.
Yes, and I also cut a nice sprig to use in the photo...and forgot. At least I remembered the side dish!

Thanks so much for your comment on my pictures, too. :)

Here ya go. This is similar to mine. Easy Peasy. I sit in front of the tv and make up a batch. Lay the dough or a won ton wrapper on top, add a teaspoon or tablespoon of filling, wet the edges, fold in half. Done. Perfect every time!

View attachment 31343

https://www.bing.com/shop?q=dumplin...&originIGUID=1429E9E84C2E4730809EC678C32A50E5

I have one of these, metal from memory, never used it. I know. I need to make an effort. Sounds like my school report card.

Russ

A meal out at the weekend. My brother used to work as a chef at this pub and pushed hard to get vegetarian options onto the menu. He managed to get a single vegan option onto the menu because of me and my dietary needs. He no longer works as a chef but the pub has re-introduced the vegan options after initially withdrawing them. Nowadays, I actually get a choice!

Various peoples starters (all vegan)

20190829_142559.jpg

20190829_141858.jpg

20190829_141941.jpg

And my and my husband's main course.
20190829_142025.jpg

20190829_141747.jpg

A meal out at the weekend. My brother used to work as a chef at this pub and pushed hard to get vegetarian options onto the menu. He managed to get a single vegan option onto the menu because of me and my dietary needs. He no longer works as a chef but the pub has re-introduced the vegan options after initially withdrawing them. Nowadays, I actually get a choice!

Various peoples starters (all vegan)

View attachment 31358
View attachment 31354
View attachment 31357

And my and my husband's main course.
View attachment 31356
View attachment 31355

That pie looks pretty - what is in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom