What did you cook or eat today (August 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another week of 100 degree heat. Lunch inspired by an old lunch-counter restaurant called Chock full of Nuts (coffee) - Cream cheese on cinnamon raisin bread, grapes and strawberries on the side. Chocolate brownie for dessert. Dinner - open-faced Tuna/artichoke melts with provalone on toasted English muffins. More fruit. On the side.

Yes. The big brand name is Fritos. You can make a carry around version of it as well using either the regular size bag or individual serving bags. Empty out the fritos, put a few back in, some of your favorite chili mixture, cheese, repeat layering.
And the county/street fair name for that is...?

Pork saltimbocca and sautéed spinach and potatoes.
F1C033D0-FD41-46DA-BB7F-33835C28C8C1.jpeg

Pardon my thumb, we're overcast and about to storm, so it's dark in the kitchen.

I've tried folding samosas but they aren't pretty, my wife folds them now from a you tube vid. I've seen chinese people folding like your ones. It really is an art. One I wasn't blessed with. :)

Russ

I have to admit, I really suck at folding the soup dumpling ones, and I watched several videos before attempting. I'll never do those homemade again more than likely!

I have to admit, I really suck at folding the soup dumpling ones, and I watched several videos before attempting. I'll never do those homemade again more than likely!

I really should watch you tube more on folding, I do like to present tidy even portions, not odd shapes. Being lazy I'll prolly just let the wife do them.

Russ

Just takes practice! And thank you.
And patience!

I have a recipe for potstickers, and I've made them a few times, really good, but I gave up trying to do a proper fold on them. Now, as long as I get them sealed up, I'm good.

Use a scoop for filling to give even portions and the folding is just practice, really. The soup dumpling folding is more tricky, but I'm sure I would get it eventually.

I can do the regular fillings and foldings really quickly, close to 50 in half an hour. The soup dumpling filling is another matter, twice as long for half as many.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom