What did you cook or eat today (August 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We decided to have the mole for dinner after all. Homemade blue corn tortillas and Mexican green rice to go with.

36788-albums322-picture8044.jpg

Last night we had Pork, Sauerkraut, and Dumplings. If I may bore you with the history of this meal, it goes like this.

Many, many years ago I received this recipe from my ex-mother-in-law. We then started to have this meal every New Years Day. (even after the divorce). That is up until about 10 years ago. Then it has been on and off. Now this has been a meal that we enjoyed. The dumplings are very good the next morning cut up and served with scrambled eggs. So, we decided WHY wait.

Kartoffelklosse (potato dumplings) that I make for sauerbraten are great sliced and fried in butter for breakfast. The reason I always make extra. The recipe came from my oma and they are stuffed with dressing. She also made a "boiled dinner" (its a German thing) with sauerkraut, whole boiling onions (peeled), pork chops, wurst and potatoes.

No pics, but it was a helluva commute home in the rain, so supper was smoked sausages on the grill with local grilled corn on the cob.

I had to look up 'frito'. Corn chips?

Yes. The big brand name is Fritos. You can make a carry around version of it as well using either the regular size bag or individual serving bags. Empty out the fritos, put a few back in, some of your favorite chili mixture, cheese, repeat layering.

Yes. The big brand name is Fritos. You can make a carry around version of it as well using either the regular size bag or individual serving bags. Empty out the fritos, put a few back in, some of your favorite chili mixture, cheese, repeat layering.

So you mix the corn chips into the chilli and then layer it with cheese and bake it? This is so foreign to me! :ohmy::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom