What did you cook or eat today (August 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually can't remember now what was in the pie.

20190823_131619.jpg

I do Taco Tuesday a lot, and these are tacos I make a lot for Taco Tuesday. Chicken tenderloins, seasoned with salt, black pepper, granulated garlic and a powdered cayenne. Cooked in a cast iron skillet. I use flour tortillas, sort of fajita style -- good corn tortillas are hard to get, and I don't want to make them for just one plate of food. Toppings vary. Tonight it was lettuce, grated cheese, sliced onion, and Hatch Chili salsa (Mateo's).

ChickTacos-8-19.jpg

CD

So you mix the corn chips into the chilli and then layer it with cheese and bake it? This is so foreign to me! :ohmy::laugh:

Frito Pie is a staple item at Friday night football games in much of the Southern USA -- definitely in Texas. At a football game, they split a bag of Frito's corn chips open, dump some chili (no beans) on top, and top it off with some shredded cheddar cheese.

FritoPie.jpg

Photo Credit: search food-hacks wonderhowto and frito pie. The forum won't let me post a proper credit.

CD

Last edited:
And patience!

I have a recipe for potstickers, and I've made them a few times, really good, but I gave up trying to do a proper fold on them. Now, as long as I get them sealed up, I'm good.

I've used a dumpling press for years. Mine is plastic. Takes a few seconds. It seals and crimps the dough in no time, & cost next to nothing. You can make dumplings/Potstickers, pirogy, ravioli, samosas, little fruit pies. You can make calzones or hot pockets with the larger presses. Try a Google for "dumpling press" or I will try to post a pic or link when I get to my laptop.

Last edited:
I've used a dumpling press for years. Mine is plastic. Takes a few seconds. It seals and crimps the dough in no time, & cost next to nothing. You can make dumplings/Potstickers, pirogy, ravioli, samosas, little fruit pies. You can make calzones or hot pockets with the larger presses. Try a Google for "dumpling press" or I will try to post a pic or link when I get to my laptop.

I had a set of these, 3 different sizes. I found them to be more time consuming than just simply doing it myself. They ended up either in a garage sale or the garbage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom