What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm with you 100-percent on the chicken. I'd have to pass on the carrots. But, I'd be all over that chicken.

CD
What I liked about the carrots was how fast they were done. Usually, when I make carrots like that (just glazed), I cut them in big chunks, steam them, then finish them in a skillet with butter and brown sugar.

These, OTOH, were sliced very thin, and the recipe (Pepin) called for dumping nearly everything in the skillet at once (carrots, water, butter, oil, sugar, salt & pepper) and cooking over high heat for just a couple of minutes, then adding some shallots, and couple of minutes more, and finally, some chives with the cover off to let the moisture evaporate, and that was it. An excellent side dish in literally five minutes (not counting the prep).

A stunning plate of food.
Thanks! :)

Still to hot to cook inside. I bought 800 grams of minced veal yesterday. This morning I put the slow cooker on the balcony table. I put the veal in the cooker with a pack of defrosted paste tom sauce. Pureed onion and garlic put that in with some Worcester sauce and a few pinches of oregano. I blended it with hand squishes. 10 hrs on medium should do it. I will post pic tomorrow. I also bought some grated Lithuanian cheese to sprinkle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom