What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a slice of pizza for breakfast. Making BBQ chicken sandwiches for dinner with crinkle potato fries in the air fryer. Hubby likes pickles and American cheese on his BBQ sammies, I like a dash of mustard with BBQ.

Weekend lunch - chicken sausages & salad
IMG20200801135201.jpg

Although not expected to make a direct hit, we will be busy prepping today for a hurricane/tropical storm.
My wife's single set of travelers for the year are in the Dominican Republic right now. They were really worried, but it turned out to be fairly uneventful for them.

Stay safe (and dry!).

I love that paring, it's great in a salad too. Funnily enough, I came across paring proscuitto with cherries this morning when researching uses for a big box of cherries we have.

Yes I love it also with some rocket salad (or chives) cherries mozzarella or Asiago cheese. Figs and prosciutto (Parma ham) is another nice pairing I like to play with.
But prosciutto with cherries is completely new to me... maybe something to start playing with as well!

Last edited:
Duck ramen

Duck ramen.
Method: Fry star anise, cloves, cinnamon, fennel seeds and black peppercorns in a little oil.
Roast red onion, carrots, ginger, celery and fennel for 20mins. Add a duck carcass and roast a further 40-50mins.
Transfer everything including the spices to a large pan and add 2L water.
Add sliced ginger, bashed-up lemongrass stalks, bay leaves, 1½ tb fish sauce, and 1½ tb palm sugar.
Simmer for approx. 4hrs or longer, and leave overnight in the fridge.
Next day: Remove everything from the stock, and add more sliced ginger, lemongrass and some lime juice, and simmer to reduce a little. This results in a delicious, very aromatic stock.
Serve with egg or rice noodles, duck meat, red chilli, spring onions, pak choi, an optional soft-boiled duck egg, coriander and Thai basil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom