What did you cook or eat today (August 2022)?

This stew was so tasty and quick to make.
Zucchini, carrots, onion, potatoes, peppers. A tad of chilli powder. Corn flour and egg dumplings.

Čvarkuše. A traditional, busicuit-like I'd say, savoury snack here in Croatia. Čvarci being the bacon bits prepared in a variety of ways and spiced differently in each region. That was my intention for the flour challenge , the stronger intention. They did not turn out the way I expected them, or as they are sold in bakeries, but on the other hand, they were really good. not complicated to make at all, which surprised me.

Dinner last night, his and hers.
Nice, large plump New Zealand Green Lip Mussels.
Shrimp with some leftover Asparagus I found at the back of the `fridge.
I made a very simple sauce for both plates/bowls of Olive Oil, Butter, loads of minced Garlic, a glug of White Wine, Parsley and a pinch of crushed Red Pepper - poured over the tops of each, YUM!
There was a lovely loaf of fresh Bread in the middle of the table that I bought at the Farmer's Market topping out the meal.
Normally, we have Pasta on Sundays but because I had the fresh Bread that we like so much, DH suggested Pasta with the Bread, good call.

View attachment 89407

View attachment 89408
Dinner last night, his and hers.
Nice, large plump New Zealand Green Lip Mussels.
Shrimp with some leftover Asparagus I found at the back of the `fridge.
I made a very simple sauce for both plates/bowls of Olive Oil, Butter, loads of minced Garlic, a glug of White Wine, Parsley and a pinch of crushed Red Pepper - poured over the tops of each, YUM!
There was a lovely loaf of fresh Bread in the middle of the table that I bought at the Farmer's Market topping out the meal.
Normally, we have Pasta on Sundays but because I had the fresh Bread that we like so much, DH suggested Pasta with the Bread, good call.

I love both dishes here. Seafood pasta is so good.

Son went to Paris and brought back some cheese.
I went to Emilia´s and bought some goodies.
A bottle of wine and a couple of baguettes later - all gone! View attachment 89342Cheeses are (from upper right,clockwise) Quart Maroilles, Epoisses, Brie, Cornish Quartz cheddar, Manchego, St Nectaire. Meats are Bresaola, French saucisson, Speck, Italian Salami from Friuli View attachment 89343
Our daughter just back from paris bought us a selection of pates. We sampled some last night. Too coarse and thrown out as noone liked them..mine is far better.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom