What did you cook or eat today (August 2022)?

I've been meaning to ask, hows your dad?

Russ

Well, we arrived today, and he was in bed. He said he didn't eat breakfast or lunch, but he did, and just didn't remember. He also didn't remember going to physical therapy. He does remember me, but not my dog -- even when I showed him a picture.

My sister is a true "daddy's girl," so she's in a little bit of denial. Not total, but not totally realistic, either. At the same time, I'm being the same friction happening between her and my mom that I saw between my mom and her mom 20 years ago.

On topic (sort of), he does still eat well. Eating seems to be the one thing he still enjoys. My sister baked some chocolate chip cookies for him today. She'll have to ration those, or he'll eat them all in a few days. :laugh:

CD

He said he didn't eat breakfast or lunch, but he did, and just didn't remember.
My dad is like that. The last time I called, he was just leaving the dining room and I asked what he’d just eaten and he said, “Well…it was…it was…it was something, I guess. It must have been good, ‘cause I ate it!”

My sister is a true "daddy's girl," so she's in a little bit of denial.
My sister is really struggling with the whole thing with my dad as well. She dotes on him and she expects my mom to basically put her life aside and just do whatever it takes to make my dad happy, but on any given day, that can change five times.

My dad is like that. The last time I called, he was just leaving the dining room and I asked what he’d just eaten and he said, “Well…it was…it was…it was something, I guess. It must have been good, ‘cause I ate it!”

My sister is really struggling with the whole thing with my dad as well. She dotes on him and she expects my mom to basically put her life aside and just do whatever it takes to make my dad happy, but on any given day, that can change five times.

Again, sort of on topic, I've looked that the menus where my parents live, and it's some good looking food. The dining rooms (separate for where my mom lives and dad lives) are very nice, with tablecloths, cloth napkins and nice dishes and silverware. Now, my dad doesn't go to the dining room anymore, but still eats the same good food. My mom has made several friends there, and has lunch in the main dining room with some of them.

Main dining room...

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 10.09.54 PM.png

CD

Well, we arrived today, and he was in bed. He said he didn't eat breakfast or lunch, but he did, and just didn't remember. He also didn't remember going to physical therapy. He does remember me, but not my dog -- even when I showed him a picture.

My sister is a true "daddy's girl," so she's in a little bit of denial. Not total, but not totally realistic, either. At the same time, I'm being the same friction happening between her and my mom that I saw between my mom and her mom 20 years ago.

On topic (sort of), he does still eat well. Eating seems to be the one thing he still enjoys. My sister baked some chocolate chip cookies for him today. She'll have to ration those, or he'll eat them all in a few days. :laugh:

CD
That kinda good to hear, not falling over.

Russ

Son went to Paris and brought back some cheese.
I went to Emilia´s and bought some goodies.
A bottle of wine and a couple of baguettes later - all gone!
Cheeses are (from upper right,clockwise) Quart Maroilles, Epoisses, Brie, Cornish Quartz cheddar, Manchego, St Nectaire. Meats are Bresaola, French saucisson, Speck, Italian Salami from Friuli

Again, sort of on topic, I've looked that the menus where my parents live, and it's some good looking food. The dining rooms (separate for where my mom lives and dad lives) are very nice, with tablecloths, cloth napkins and nice dishes and silverware. Now, my dad doesn't go to the dining room anymore, but still eats the same good food. My mom has made several friends there, and has lunch in the main dining room with some of them.

Main dining room...

View attachment 89341

CD
That looks a lot like the place my husband's grandmother lived. It wasn't cheap, that's for sure, but she was really happy there and the staff were very nice.

Son went to Paris and brought back some cheese.
I went to Emilia´s and bought some goodies.
A bottle of wine and a couple of baguettes later - all gone! View attachment 89342Cheeses are (from upper right,clockwise) Quart Maroilles, Epoisses, Brie, Cornish Quartz cheddar, Manchego, St Nectaire. Meats are Bresaola, French saucisson, Speck, Italian Salami from Friuli View attachment 89343

Oh my, that looks lovely, my kind of meal.

I got takeout today, quesabirria from a local place. Tacos with mole glazed beef, pickled red onions, lettuce and cabbage salad, Verde salsa and consomme. So yummy. I'll eat half now and half later.
20220820_161437.jpg

Back
Top Bottom