What did you cook or eat today (August 2022)?

We made King Ranch Chicken at my sister's house. Some for us, and a bunch to freeze for my mom.

CD
I found the last one the other night ...
IMG_1564.JPG

So stinkin' good, thanks for that btw caseydog

Dinner
IMG_1986.JPG

This is Realgoodfoods company Bacon wrapped cheese stuffed chicken breast, delicious!
Costco Three Cheese Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken
A box of six stuffed chickens are $13.49 at our Costco, that's $2.25/serving ... oh and some fresh Asparagus dressed in Olive Oil, S&P and roasted in the oven next to those chix.
It was $3 for a pound of Asparagus, that made three servings, that's a buck, so all in all $3.25 for each of us for our evening meal, not bad given the times I'd say.
Now mind you, I can pinch a penny until Mr. Lincoln cries "uncle".
I can set down a supper that's round about $1USD per serving.

Leftover KFC mashed potatoes and gravy. I ate them with "chopsticks" aka coffee stirrers. I got a killer cold and retreated to a hotel room so as not to spread my misery. May I say they were not as good as they look.
View attachment 89296
I'm sorry, this looks terrible. Hope you're feeling better now :hug:

Lunch was toasted sourdough again, smashed avo on one piece and salted caramel spread on the other.

Evening meal was a sought variation on Saturday night. Hubby couldn't locate peas ih the freezer, so came back with the salted in the pod edname beans instead. We do have shelled edname beans (unsalted) but he couldn't find those either! Oh well.

Last night we had grilled pork loin chops drizzled with chimichurri sauce over a bed of crispy fried potatoes and onions, served with salad. It was amazing!

Back
Top Bottom