What did you cook or eat today (December 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 7:15am Christmas Day, so Merry Christmas....

The pavlova has just gone into the oven. Fingers crossed. It's usually edible but usually collapses. I've tried something different this year.

Very nice!

That's on my list to bake one day. Keep in mind, cakes are a particularly devilish thing for me to do, so I'm either extremely confident or extremely crazy, but I'm going to make one one of these days.
Whilst I regularly bake cakes, its a long time since I made a Swiss roll - probably 20 years! And of course the sponge is very different to a normal chocolate cake so I followed Jamie's recipe pretty closely. If it tastes as good as it looks then I'll try to remember to put the recipe on here.

Merry Christmas!

Very nice!

That's on my list to bake one day. Keep in mind, cakes are a particularly devilish thing for me to do, so I'm either extremely confident or extremely crazy, but I'm going to make one one of these days.

I made a buche de noel 3 years ago. Chocolate and vanilla fillings, with espresso frosting. The saga is here.

2018-12-29-12-22-12-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
I would have never considered putting tuna with salami. Did they compete?
Not at all. The total flavor combination was a good one. When the Salami was encountered, it just produced a momentary sharpness and then things went back to Tuna.

Reactions: mjd
Breskvice or little peaches. Normally they are only filled on one side, I made too much filling so we filled both sides. My version of the filling is. Boil and reduce milk and sugar by half , add ground walnuts, butter and the crumbs you scoop out. Mix to a paste. Then follow the pics.

You have far more patience than I.

Christmas day lunch. (It will feed us for 2-3 more days! )

Chickpea Salad with Baked Almond Feta cheese, homemade soya strained yoghurt, olives and tomatoes, served with oven roasted, balsamic glazed brussel sprouts and on a bed of mixed green leaves (spinach, sorrel, English sorrell, a naive Aussie one I can't remember the name of and wild rocket), tossed in olive oil and tamari.

Dessert, a pavlova with cashew and coconut cream (dairy free option for me) and loads of fresh fruit (strawberries, raspberries, pomegranate, cherries, passionfruit and mango) to finish... stuffed but happy.

Served with the remains of the homemade eggnog and a couple of vegan chocolates a few hours later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom