What did you cook or eat today (December 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas brunch.
20221225_065556.jpg

Foie gras on French bread with balsamic vinegar and a green apple.
20221225_065626.jpg

And Christmas stollen with butter after.

What's going on? Does one relate to the other?
What Casey said. Still no water.
How are things at your daughter’s? Can you possibly move things over there?
No can't go to her house.
Msmofit lost power, and water due to the big winter storm.

I would suggest doing what my family is doing, and move Christmas back a week to the New Years weekend.

CD
Going to revise New Year's Eve/Day menu plans.
Sorry to hear this, hope you get through the next few days OK. As said above, don't dwell on what is lost, look forward to celebrating when normality returns
Thank you.

Well yummo we tried an old fashioned steak restaurant that is really Dutch but has had a steady good reputation for 25 years and we were not dissapointed ❤️ no vegetables in sight though, we didn't realize we needed to order them seperately! :laugh: ahh well it's Christmas..
20221225_145503.jpg

My portion, steak with garlic gravy
20221225_145510.jpg

Husbands steak with sambal gravy .
20221225_145507.jpg

Fries with bread to mop up the sauce. The steak-gravy-bread thing is their gimmick. And a good one, it turns out!
20221225_145533.jpg

Medium rare as requested. It was fab really.
20221225_153807.jpg

And more brown for dessert! Their special today was banana crumble, banana crème brulee, caramel ice cream and sticky toffee cake. Good, though once again no healthy things!

But we'll come back, my once not so fond of steak husband is now a fan 👍but next time we will order the salad and skip the fries.

Well yummo we tried an old fashioned steak restaurant that is really Dutch but has had a steady good reputation for 25 years and we were not dissapointed ❤️ no vegetables in sight though, we didn't realize we needed to order them seperately! :laugh: ahh well it's Christmas..
View attachment 94136
My portion, steak with garlic gravy
View attachment 94137
Husbands steak with sambal gravy .
View attachment 94138

Fries with bread to mop up the sauce. The steak-gravy-bread thing is their gimmick. And a good one, it turns out!
View attachment 94139
Medium rare as requested. It was fab really.
View attachment 94140
And more brown for dessert! Their special today was banana crumble, banana crème brulee, caramel ice cream and sticky toffee cake. Good, though once again no healthy things!

But we'll come back, my once not so fond of steak husband is now a fan 👍but next time we will order the salad and skip the fries.

It is very common at prime steakhouses in the US to order vegetable sides separately. They are usually served as a portion for two or more people to share. My ex-wife and I would usually order potatoes au gratin and steamed asparagus as sides.

CD

Christmas Breakfast this morning. had to run to the store for Eggs. (lots of people buying jugs of cheap vodka in the morning..-odd)

View attachment 94142

I am surprised that the stores were open. I haven't checked, but I think they are closed here. As for vodka, you can't buy it on a Sunday in Texas -- god would not approve of that. ⛪

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom