What did you cook or eat today (December 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas dinner, starting with cocktail shrimp that no one wanted; I made the sauce because the weather was bad and I didn’t want to go out to buy some:

A37CB863-BE36-46B6-A240-1E36987295FD.jpeg

And, freshly baked rolls, ham, fries and tater tots, cast iron pan grilled chicken, and green bean casserole.

51146FCF-9601-472E-8258-89F6B42E58E9.jpeg

Also stuffing with sausage. No turkey!

And, a lot of desserts to ensure that no one left hungry.

This weeks Christmas dinner. Next week, I'll have Christmas dinner with my family.

Flat iron steak, sous vide and seared in butter and OO. Garlic mashed potatoes. Steamed broccoli with a drizzle of OO and some fresh ground pepper.

XmadDinner22.jpg

The mashed potatoes were powdered instant mashed potatoes, because I didn't want to make a big batch of fresh mashed potatoes for one serving. Everything else was from scratch. I have some steak leftover for a sandwich tomorrow.

CD

Lunch was yesterday recycled...

So this only not as neatly :laugh:

Evening meal will be ice cream, with home-made eggnog and evening snack will be cold beer in popcorn (separately ideally). It hit 32°C here so neither of us are inclined to eat much this evening.

It is very common at prime steakhouses in the US to order vegetable sides separately. They are usually served as a portion for two or more people to share. My ex-wife and I would usually order potatoes au gratin and steamed asparagus as sides.

CD
This shows how many times we've gone to Steakhouses mostly, which was set at a perfect zero. That will change now, however. The only option with vegetables is a salad , they don't have a broad menu. But that's what makes them good in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom