What did you cook or eat today (December 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch was yesterday recycled...

So this only not as neatly :laugh:

Evening meal will be ice cream, with home-made eggnog and evening snack will be cold beer in popcorn (separately ideally). It hit 32°C here so neither of us are inclined to eat much this evening.
Oh God, I love eggnog. I gotta buy some. Is it hard to make homemade? I don't need the alcohol part.

Water came back late afternoon. So I went shopping. I got to cook today.
Pan-fried skirt steak, string bean salad, garlic crash potatoes, and mushrooms sautéed in the pan drippings.
I ate less than half of this. The leftovers will be brunch tomorrow.

skirt_steak_bean_salad_122622_img_0456-jpg.jpg

Oh God, I love eggnog. I gotta buy some. Is it hard to make homemade? I don't need the alcohol part.
No it's pretty easy really. I use this recipe. I guess if you don't need dairy free you found just switch out the non-dairy sweetened condensed milk for a dairy version. The sugar syrup is to dilute the mixture to something that doesn't need a spoon to eat/drink it with.

Recipe - Dairy Free Traditional Eggnog

I found that surplus mashed potatoes last a few days in the fridge and fry up luvverly with minimal oil. I even mash more than I require for that very purpose.

I'm trying to use up stuff in my fridge before I make another attempt to go to Houston on Friday.

The single portion instant potatoes I used were actually quite tasty.

CD

Bit late posting....have been working over Christmas including Christmas Day. After my shift went to Mums for a late Xmas dinner, and had what I called "Mum's Bunny Boiler" special, but she refers to as Dijon Mustard Braised Rabbit.

I haven't had rabbit since my Mum died in '77. Probably a few years before that.

Second attempt at slow cooking: turkey leg. Better than my first attempt (pork loin), but still not quite there.
I've read articles online saying you absolutely must not remove the slow cooker lid under any circumnstance, but I also read some people remove the slow cooker lid on the last 30-45 minutes of cooking so the sauce can evaporate a bit, I'll try doing that next time.
_nc_ohc=F41rG3gyAtkAX9brd5y&_nc_ht=scontent-lis1-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom