What did you cook or eat today (December 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted just a small something to eat about 11 this morning, I didn't have breakfast ...
I had one larger sized flour Tortilla from the other night and found a small portion of cooking and shredded Chicken meat, mixed with Hatch Green Chile Sauce ... HMMM!
IMG_2400.JPG

I had made a large batch of Copycat Bird's Eye® Southwest Blend Frozen Vegetables ...

IMG_2420.JPG

Some shredded Cheese, a hot pan sprayed with a touch of Olive Oil and I've got me a delicious meal!
You'll notice that there is only 3/4 of my Quesadilla there ... DH had to try and deemed it worthy ... "Please make this again!"
This from the man who claims to dislike any sort of Mexican-Style foods :laugh:

I dropped a piece of bacon on the floor 😢 but the furry little vacuum at least got a treat.

Another Hello Fresh meal: bulger, chicken with southwestern seasoning, spinach/tomato salad, and jalapeño-ranch dressing. Very delicious, better than I expected!

Went out for a do-over of our Christmas supper out, with much better results.

No pics, because restaurant lighting just makes food look awful, and you all would say, “He thinks that looks good?!?!” so you’ll just have to trust me.

Started with cocktails - Manhattan for me and some kind of bourbon thing for MrsT, both were excellent, very strong.

Appetizers - shrimp cocktail for MrsT, and some high-end panko-crusted deep-fried cheese cubes for me - worlds apart from yer typical cheese sticks.

House salads, which were quite large, and warm bread with whipped honey butter.

Mains - MrsT had a 7oz sirloin with blue cheese butter and a huge lobster tail, which she said was the best one she’s had in many a year, to the point that she didn’t even bother with the steak and brought it home intact, minus one bite to test it.

I had a 14oz ribeye with bearnaise and fried potatoes.

MrsT’s other side deserves special mention - corn crème brûlée - thick creamed corn with a delicious crunchy sugary top - my new favorite!

Dessert was shared - a behemoth of a wedge some kind of light chocolate mousse pie - it tasted like whipped hot chocolate.

We went to the Cirque Holidaze show tonight. We had club level tickets, which include the club being open an hour before show, food, unlimited top shelf drinks, and free valet parking, which costs $30 now (boy has that gone up since we last went to theater). Food was a beef brisket that was cooked in an oven, but was quite good, 2 kinds of vege pizzas, a Margharita and a zucchini/yellow squash/onion, roasted sweet potatoes, cole slaw, Hawaiian bread type rolls, crudites with 2 kinds of dip, fresh moz balls and a fresh tomato relish, pasta salad with all kinds of stuff in it, brie wrapped in phyllo, various fruits, an Italian charcuterie, meats and cheese, selection and several different kinds of crackers. Dessert was served after the show, mini cream puffs with chocolate sauce. I had a couple of Amaretto sours with dinner and a couple amaretto on the rocks at intermission. They cut alcohol off 30 minutes before end of show, but continue to serve coffee, sodas and water with dessert for 45 minutes after show.

The show was cool. Can't believe some of the acts and the positions the performers get themselves into. Couple pictures of the theater and the opening act.

20221229_195238.jpg

20221229_195254.jpg
20221229_200818.jpg

We went to the Cirque Holidaze show tonight. We had club level tickets, which include the club being open an hour before show, food, unlimited top shelf drinks, and free valet parking, which costs $30 now (boy has that gone up since we last went to theater). Food was a beef brisket that was cooked in an oven, but was quite good, 2 kinds of vege pizzas, a Margharita and a zucchini/yellow squash/onion, roasted sweet potatoes, cole slaw, Hawaiian bread type rolls, crudites with 2 kinds of dip, fresh moz balls and a fresh tomato relish, pasta salad with all kinds of stuff in it, brie wrapped in phyllo, various fruits, an Italian charcuterie, meats and cheese, selection and several different kinds of crackers. Dessert was served after the show, mini cream puffs with chocolate sauce. I had a couple of Amaretto sours with dinner and a couple amaretto on the rocks at intermission. They cut alcohol off 30 minutes before end of show, but continue to serve coffee, sodas and water with dessert for 45 minutes after show.

The show was cool. Can't believe some of the acts and the positions the performers get themselves into. Couple pictures of the theater and the opening act.

View attachment 94391
View attachment 94392 View attachment 94393

I love Cirque du Soleil. I have only been to the "big top" tent shows. No food or drinks at those shows. We always went out for dinner either before or after the show.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom