What did you cook or eat today (February 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No pics, because I'm half-lazy and half-angry, but tonight was leftovers of a pork loin roast I (over)cooked a couple of nights ago. Sliced thin and served as sliders, along with a salad and mashed potatoes.
Gravy or BBQ sauce can save that, eh?

Well, “save” might be a strong word, but it helps. I cooked this in a sauce (cranberry and orange), so I thankfully have a good bit of that.
Yeah cranberry orange gravy or cranberry orange BBQ sauce...uh, strong nope.

So we had a panic moment a bit ago (upper middle-class American problems). I wanted prime rib burgers for dinner and I was certain I had some in the garage freezer. I took everything out of the freezer looking for them. And nope, apparently we ate the last of them (and they were darned good). So we eat late (usually 9:30 or 10) but I didn't want to try to find something to thaw this late to cook. I didn't want soup or anything we have on hand that would be quick and easy. I could have thawed out some chicken cordon bleus that my husband made and we froze last month, but then I would have to bread and fry, so I didn't want to do that (we'd be eating at 11). Anyway I wanted a damned burger! But I had two ahi tuna fish filets in the freezer that are easy to thaw, so I got them in water for a quick thaw and I am going to marinate them in a soy based marinade and sear them and we are going to have seared tuna sandwiches with wasabi mayo on toasted brioche. That will have to do.

So we had a panic moment a bit ago (upper middle-class American problems). I wanted prime rib burgers for dinner and I was certain I had some in the garage freezer. I took everything out of the freezer looking for them. And nope, apparently we ate the last of them (and they were darned good). So we eat late (usually 9:30 or 10) but I didn't want to try to find something to thaw this late to cook. I didn't want soup or anything we have on hand that would be quick and easy. I could have thawed out some chicken cordon bleus that my husband made and we froze last month, but then I would have to bread and fry, so I didn't want to do that (we'd be eating at 11). Anyway I wanted a damned burger! But I had two ahi tuna fish filets in the freezer that are easy to thaw, so I got them in water for a quick thaw and I am going to marinate them in a soy based marinade and sear them and we are going to have seared tuna sandwiches with wasabi mayo on toasted brioche. That will have to do.

There was a restaurant in Austin, with a second location in Dallas, that served a favorite food of a former Governor of Texas named Bill Clements. It was chicken fried tuna steak. :ohmy: I went to the restaurant, and had it a few times. It was awesome. Cooked to medium-rare inside, with this incredible crispy fried chicken crust. Served with a traditional white gravy. I have a nice tuna steak in the freezer. I need to make this.

CD

There was a restaurant in Austin, with a second location in Dallas, that served a favorite food of a former Governor of Texas named Bill Clements. It was chicken fried tuna steak. :ohmy: I went to the restaurant, and had it a few times. It was awesome. Cooked to medium-rare inside, with this incredible crispy fried chicken crust. Served with a traditional white gravy. I have a nice tuna steak in the freezer. I need to make this.

CD
Sounds really good! Can't believe a republican had such good taste.

Sounds really good! Can't believe a republican had such good taste.

He was actually a pretty laid back dude. Old school Republican. He wouldn't stand a chance in today's Republican party. I was okay with him. He was definitely right about that chicken fried tuna.

CD

He was actually a pretty laid back dude. Old school Republican. He wouldn't stand a chance in today's Republican party. I was okay with him. He was definitely right about that chicken fried tuna.

CD
Much of my family are old school Republicans. Sometimes that's difficult.

Sandwiches were awesome! I drizzled sesame oil on the inside of brioche buns and toasted on a cast iron skillet.

Soy based marinated ahi tune steaks seared on same cast iron skillet. Medium-rare.

Wasabi mayo, heavy on the wasabi.

Too tired to cook so put some snacks in the airfryer

I made an omelet for hubby and I to split (I eat 1/3 and he eats the rest) with sauteed mushroom, onion, red bell pepper, and ham with Gouda, white cheddar, and American cheese. It was YUM! No pics because it was messy looking, LOL. Plus it's just an omelet, I have made those and posted photos before so nothing new here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom