What did you cook or eat today (February 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That snack looks delicious. Does it store well murphyscreek ? Would be great as a side to some curry or a gado gado too possibly.

We had pork belly on the first of the month in celebration of CNY

View attachment 80320

I cooked the pork but my friend paired it with the very western fig & blue cheese salad
The couple of times I've made it have only made enough to last a day or two. My gut feeling is it wouldn't store too well, but don't really know for sure.

Avocado bagel with hummus at a local bagel store with a friend

When you publish, be sure to let us know....I love sci-fi that doesn't skimp on the "sci" component.

I will continue to guard my anonymity, even if and when I might publish something. I have always had problems in life from people feeling threatened by me, unable on their parts. to shine in the presence of intelligent reasoning. Thus, I have a legacy of tolerating people who believed that they could palm me down or discredit me, turn others against me. I'm sure others have had to put up with that same nonsense too and I am not the only one. It is not possible to 'play stupid' to make them happy. It is better to avoid them, which is not always possible. And at the same time, it has been desirable to identify people who think and reason at levels which do not require them to go on the defensive or seek a 'hey look at me, center stage' juvenile behavior. So, anonymity on the web is preferred to keep things to just virtual reactive personality hostilities which can be turned off easily. I am not the type to be manipulated by the flood of political hogwash out there. Exposing truths is a recipe to open up annoying reactive responses. So neither do I desire being a political target, either. I've been there, done that. It's a waste of time and sanity.

Like everyone else, I like people and need to interact with people, have them around, but without the annoying petty behaviors.

If I publish and my works are good, you will probably hear about them without my informing you. I still have to work out, I suppose, whether to and how to maintain anonymity, should I publish anything. And in truth, the issue is one which has caused me to cease working on my writing projects in the past.

But, when you make the NY Times bestsellers list, how will we know it's you? :scratchhead:

I had a couple of slices of that maple sausage fatty I smoked a few days ago, with some scrambled eggs and leftover cheesy potatoes for breakfast. No pictures. I was too busy eating.

CD

I had some leftover lemon tarragon cream sauce and was feeling lazy, so I cooked hubby's eggs in it. I toasted English muffins and warmed thinly sliced ham and American cheese on the muffins before topping with eggs. So lazy cook's eggs benedict, sort of.

I did a bolognese variation yesterday.
Baked chicken breast with carrots today.
No pics of those.
Had a buckwheat toast with a local salami and one cherry tom. Barely.
I think moving around freely will help. And vitamins.
I still don't have much of an appetite still, either. And food is one of my greatest joys. But it's only been 3 weeks since I tested positive, so I am sure that will eventually clear up. I hope! I have heard a lot of people say that no appetite was one of their symptoms, but I had read that previous variants it was a prominent symptom in most people and supposedly with Omicron it wasn't. Guess they were wrong.

I need to play around with tarragon. I have it, and have used it, but the taste of it is not in my brain's "data bank." If you were to ask me what tarragon tastes like, I couldn't answer.

CD

I need to play around with tarragon. I have it, and have used it, but the taste of it is not in my brain's "data bank." If you were to ask me what tarragon tastes like, I couldn't answer.

CD
It's got a slight licorice flavor, very very subtle though. I love it on fish, eggs, and more. I like it best in a cream-based sauce, like Bernaise sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom