What did you cook or eat today (February 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real chili or Cincinnati chili? :D

CD
Regular. Unless it’s one of the known Cincinnati chili parlors (Skyline, Gold Star, Blue Ash Chili, Empress, Price Hill Chili, Camp Washington Chili), it’s going to be regular chili.

Homemade lasagna...
I've worked this morning and early afternoon, I've eaten it at 4 pm...well that's a very good mid-afternoon snack :)

View attachment 95932View attachment 95933
If Sophia Loren were a food, that’s what she’d be.

I don’t even think I have a word for that…stunning?…spectacular?…droolicious? It’s all those things and more. I think I hear angels singing somewhere.

C0F858FC-9F6F-4A07-BD12-4EF94F8BFD65.jpeg

63044E0B-CEC0-4E8E-9807-48F8D71B5EAC.jpeg

D4669A9A-BEA4-484B-B733-7090A0E44CD3.jpeg

That’s been treated with an apple-maple-bourbon glaze.

The weak link was that “gravy,” made from the included packet, because the sugary glaze burnt all the drippings - very salty and it had a weird texture. Even after doctoring it with a little wine and some herbs, it was nasty. I’ll not be doing that again.

Turkey wasn’t bad, though, as far as turkey goes.

Just finished making a vegan Tex-mex vegan quinoa salad to take to work for lunches this week.

Since I broke my ankle, I’ve not been cooking much, so I’m not used to that much standing - my feet are killing me now! I also get tired out so easily. It’ll take a while to get back to my old fitness level… I used to take it for granted. I hope I never will again!

I used to take it for granted. I hope I never will again!
As someone who hasn't made a full recovery and won't because of spinal damage, I hope for your sake that you do get back to a point where you do take it for granted because that will mean a full recovery has happened.

I was looking forward to a nice tofu steak stir-fry but the cafe I use has taken it off the menu and replaced it with a cauliflower steak which pretty much came with pureed cauliflower! Yeah, won't be having that again. So I got 2 vegan tacos as well.

20230206_124400.jpg
20230206_124348.jpg

I now feel stuffed, but have an empty feeling from little to no protein in the meal. :( hopefully they'll change the menu again before I want to eat there again more than once (the stuffed aubergine is very nice, but it's a hot day today and I didn't want stuffed aubergines.

I was looking forward to a nice tofu steak stir-fry but the cafe I use has taken it off the menu and replaced it with a cauliflower steak which pretty much came with pureed cauliflower! Yeah, won't be having that again. So I got 2 vegan tacos as well.

View attachment 95951View attachment 95952
I now feel stuffed, but have an empty feeling from little to no protein in the meal. :( hopefully they'll change the menu again before I want to eat there again more than once (the stuffed aubergine is very nice, but it's a hot day today and I didn't want stuffed aubergines.
Do they have any online presence in which you could express your disappointment and need for protein?

Do they have any online presence in which you could express your disappointment and need for protein?
I think I might contact them.

The online description is this
"Cauliflower Steak
Spiced cauliflower, bombay potatoes, tempered yoghurt, spiced creamy tomato gravy" which doesn't match the description on the menu which mentioned pureed cauliflower, kimichurri and olive nibs (I've no idea what olive nibs are and didn't spot or taste any olives. ) Neither have much protein tbh.

I certainly won't be having it again and tbh given a choice, I'll eat elsewhere now. I do like their stuffed aubergine though, but not on hot days like today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom