What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife (and I) have difficulty in producing triangular samosas that don't "unwrap" when deep fried. However, she's adept at spring roll rolling (having worked at a bakery in the past) so that's now how we have them. I find them easier to eat also.

A past effort at triangular samosas which weren't that bad.....

Trust me my wife's not that good, even those failures are better than hers, I can't even attempt them, lol.

Russ

Crispy Prawns and Squids
Only coated in Durum Wheat Semolina’s Flour

Cheap Microwave food again today, but a favorite of mine .... Stefano's Pepperoni Calzone. I'll be following it up later tonight while watching a movie with a Pistachio Kiwi Malt. I'll post the recipe and a photo at that time.

I'll be snacking on Banana Chips and DeMets' Caramel Turtles off and on. And of course, I'll have one of my Honey Oats Granola Bars too.

Cheap Microwave food again today, but a favorite of mine .... Stefano's Pepperoni Calzone. I'll be following it up later tonight while watching a movie with a Pistachio Kiwi Malt. I'll post the recipe and a photo at that time.

I'll be snacking on Banana Chips and DeMets' Caramel Turtles off and on. And of course, I'll have one of my Honey Oats Granola Bars too.
Kiwi malt? Please explain??

Russ

Kiwi malt? Please explain??

Russ

rascal,

You will like this down there in NZ. Milk Shakes used to be Malted Milks back in the 1950s and 60s, and were afterwards driven into non-existence by the Milk Shake we all know today which is basically Ice Cream in a glass with Coca Cola topped by Whipped Topping and possibly, a Cherry. The old Malted Milk drinks were very tasty and I have missed them. I recently acquired some Malt Syrup which I intended both to do a Malted Milk and to use in Rye Bread.

The Pistachio Kiwi Malt I envision and will be creating later this evening will be a trip back in time to those days when Malted Milks were the treat at Soda Fountains everywhere. They are much more flavorful than the Milk Shakes and Smoothies we know today. Barley Malt gives them a certain pinache'.

rascal,

You will like this down there in NZ. Milk Shakes used to be Malted Milks back in the 1950s and 60s, and were afterwards driven into non-existence by the Milk Shake we all know today which is basically Ice Cream in a glass with Coca Cola topped by Whipped Topping and possibly, a Cherry. The old Malted Milk drinks were very tasty and I have missed them. I recently acquired some Malt Syrup which I intended both to do a Malted Milk and to use in Rye Bread.

The Pistachio Kiwi Malt I envision and will be creating later this evening will be a trip back in time to those days when Malted Milks were the treat at Soda Fountains everywhere. They are much more flavorful than the Milk Shakes and Smoothies we know today. Barley Malt gives them a certain pinache'.
So where?? Does the kiwi fit in?? I love a milk shake, limes my favourite flavour. I havnt had one in two or three years, but talking about it, I'm not far from my next one,lol.

Russ

So where?? Does the kiwi fit in?? I love a milk shake, limes my favourite flavour. I havnt had one in two or three years, but talking about it, I'm not far from my next one,lol.

Russ

The Kiwi fits in a glass with the other ingredients, topped by a whipped cocoa cream. BTW: Lime is one of the ingredients. :okay:

My wife (and I) have difficulty in producing triangular samosas that don't "unwrap" when deep fried. However, she's adept at spring roll rolling (having worked at a bakery in the past) so that's now how we have them. I find them easier to eat also.

A past effort at triangular samosas which weren't that bad.....

Beautiful.

I've never tried to make samosas but I've had this problem with other recipes falling apart when deep frying. I find that it helps to use toothpicks which can then be removed before serving.

Last edited:
Heating sausage rolls and cheese rolls for painters, 4 here and nearing the end. They are painting the hardieplank aka fibre walls from light colour to a grey. It looks amazing. Prolly an extra grand? We will find out in the wash up.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom