What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craig's chicken and andouille gumbo over rice

Tried new owners out at local fish n chip shop. Last two owners were nil. I tried a mixture knowing something would be wrong?
Fish wasn't cooked, thrown out to birds. Sausage a precooked .50 c sausage on a kebab skewer. Wtf??
Meat pattie too many herbs but chips were good. Last time I'm going there.

Russ

The Siberian blast started to hit us last night, snow fell about two kilometre away oop the mountain behind us. Worse is to come. This is very unusual. I cut up some of Mladens homemade sausage and cut a few ribs of the sheet he gave us. The beans will be spot on for the conditions.
1610430936163.png
1610430954857.png

Looking at those I would call them spring rolls, my samosas are triangle shape, well kind of, wife folds them, maybe I should fold like yours? I could use filo pastry?
Note to self?

Russ

My wife (and I) have difficulty in producing triangular samosas that don't "unwrap" when deep fried. However, she's adept at spring roll rolling (having worked at a bakery in the past) so that's now how we have them. I find them easier to eat also.

A past effort at triangular samosas which weren't that bad.....

Hello!

Last night I made this mixed paella. Morning Glory I looked at your method from the cookalong and changed the order of things - I put the rice in before the stock and gave it a bit of a fry first (I usually do it the other way around) and it made a noticeable difference for the better in terms of taste, plus it seemed to cook faster.

Our family isn't much for mussels, so I bought some small flower crabs, which I ended up eating most of since the kids found them a bit fiddly (and sharp).

View attachment 54687

That looks great! I'm pleased it worked out. And yes, frying the rice a little first is the 'authentic' way to do it. I use the term advisedly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom