What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch today, prawn sesame salad with a pad Thai style dressing.

I don't write up as I prepare. Jotted notes only - then write up later. Sometimes I snap a photo so I can see quantities in the mise en place.
I do the same, but even taking notes (and the actual steps of measuring things) disrupts the flow.

Reactions: mjd
Would it help to set up your camera on a tripod to video record? That way, you aren't disrupting the flow and can watch it to write down the recipe later.
I don't own a tripod and I use my phone to take photos. I have an old digital camera somewhere, but what a PITA it is to use! I suppose I could figure out how to use it and set it up to take videos, but I'm constantly moving around in my rather large kitchen and would be out of view constantly, and it wouldn't capture the measuring details very well I think. There is the additional problem of my constant changing my notes since at first I think I only need 1/4 tsp of this or that seasoning or spice, and then later a I'm tasting j realize it needs more, or as a sauce reduces, it might need more cream or stock, etc. I usually have several dirty tasting spoons in my sink when I'm through cooking! Thanks for your idea, though.

• Wow
Reactions: mjd
I don't own a tripod and I use my phone to take photos. I have an old digital camera somewhere, but what a PITA it is to use! I suppose I could figure out how to use it and set it up to take videos, but I'm constantly moving around in my rather large kitchen and would be out of view constantly, and it wouldn't capture the measuring details very well I think. There is the additional problem of my constant changing my notes since at first I think I only need 1/4 tsp of this or that seasoning or spice, and then later a I'm tasting j realize it needs more, or as a sauce reduces, it might need more cream or stock, etc. I usually have several dirty tasting spoons in my sink when I'm through cooking! Thanks for your idea, though.
Reason 232,342,987 why I'm afraid to enter the challenges. That, in itself, sounds challenging enough! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom