What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah baked meatballs, I’ll try them next time!
They get finished in the sauce.

Not a mess for me, same method to make them, then only frying and place on a plate. I honestly prefer the fried ones, but I also appreciate the baked ones sometimes
I somehow get grease splatters on my stovetop and the backsplash above and behind my stove when I cook them on my stovetop. Forming the meatballs and everything up to the point of cooking is the same, but when I bake them in the oven it's much less messy for some reason. I always cook them in the sauce for a good amount of time regardless of how I cook the meatballs so to me they taste very similar. I suppose if I was eating them "naked" I would notice more of a difference.

I somehow get grease splatters on my stovetop and the backsplash above and behind my stove when I cook them on my stovetop. Forming the meatballs and everything up to the point of cooking is the same, but when I bake them in the oven it's much less messy for some reason. I always cook them in the sauce for a good amount of time regardless of how I cook the meatballs so to me they taste very similar. I suppose if I was eating them "naked" I would notice more of a difference.

I get some oil splatters on my stovetop, but nothing very messy, just a normal thing as if I was cooking everything else - I’ve got much messy while cooking the sauce! 😅
I also cooked them in the sauce - after having fried them- for a good amount of time..

I have no idea what that is, but I do know that blood oranges are in season at the moment. If only I could get my hands on some.
I just bought some for my husband last week. He loves them (and needs the potassium).

Edited to add that I am not sure if the beer has any potassium or not. I do know that beer has good food value, but food has absolutely no beer value. Sigh.

Earl grey tea and 2 crumpets with Vegemite, nice and crispy.

Russ
I've always wanted to know what Vegemite tastes like, ever since the 1980s and the band Men at Work talked about a Vegemite sandwich in a song. I know it has brewer's yeast in it and is a good source of B vitamins, but I don't know anyone who has ever eaten it. So what does it taste like? You obviously like it or you wouldn't eat it.

I've always wanted to know what Vegemite tastes like, ever since the 1980s and the band Men at Work talked about a Vegemite sandwich in a song. I know it has brewer's yeast in it and is a good source of B vitamins, but I don't know anyone who has ever eaten it. So what does it taste like? You obviously like it or you wouldn't eat it.

I love it, you either are a marmite or a Vegemite person. I'm Vegemite, yet daughters marmite. As Morning Glory would say it has that umami taste, slightly sour but tasty, I use it in my roast meat gravies, actually it's the first thing that goes in is a heaped teaspoon of Vegemite, stews and casseroles. When grandkids were small I made them mashed veges mouli with a teaspoon of Vegemite so I got them to like Vegemite in a sneaky way.
I have mine on crumpets which have generous butter then Vegemite.

Russ

With a glass of red.....perfecto!!
I'd polish that off in no time, buuuurp. :)

Russ
Thanks.

This is the same recipe I made last time, and I'm pretty sure you made them as well.

Another convo with my wife:

MrsT: I like these meatballs, but I prefer the baked spaghetti and sauce that you also make.

Me: Well, that has its own meat sauce, so you wouldn't be getting meatballs with that as well. You need to pick one or the other.

MrsT: What I want is the meat-

Me: No, you can't have the meatballs from this and the spaghetti and meat sauce from the other one.

MrsT: 😡

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom