What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do the same, but even taking notes (and the actual steps of measuring things) disrupts the flow.

I've just got used to it, I think. It maybe adds a minute or two. I did try voice to text recording on my phone - that was OK but I didn't persevere with it. Its something I'm trying to perfect on my MacBook to save manually typing recipes.

Cabbage soup with fresh cracked pepper and red pepper flakes.

Healing Cabbage Soup

20210123_102012.jpg

Looks lovely! I had to giggle, I store some of my cast iron and other heat-safe things in the oven, too.
I do too. We aren't allowed to do that here but I do it anyway because I'm a rebel. No, it's because I live in a small apartment and don't have anywhere else to put them. They always announce inspections so I take them out for that. ;-)

I do too. We aren't allowed to do that here but I do it anyway because I'm a rebel. No, it's because I live in a small apartment and don't have anywhere else to put them. They always announce inspections so I take them out for that. ;-)
The stone stays in there always. I've had it a few years and I don't think it's ever been out.

The skillet, I nearly always preheat it in the oven before using it (to evenly heat it all the way round), so it just makes sense to keep it in there.

The stone stays in there always. I've had it a few years and I don't think it's ever been out.

The skillet, I nearly always preheat it in the oven before using it (to evenly heat it all the way round), so it just makes sense to keep it in there.
I can't immediately recall any of your recipes that indicate pre-heating the skillet. But, we can't rely on my memory. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom