What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cup of earl and a few shortbread biscuits/cookies. Taken gingerly as my throat is raw from retching.
Got an attack of menieres last night. I had it 20 years ago and nothing until last night.
Out of the blue and fairly normal now.
Havnt thought about tea yet.

Russ

Russ
Take care mate...

Pork chow mein Noodles from the hairy bikers.

The more I think about it, I think this is just about my favorite way to have an egg - scrambled as a sandwich with a lot of mayonnaise and black pepper:

I had to cut the mayonnaise down considerably, as I'm meant to be watching my weight, though I did have just a little smeared on the other piece of bread as well.

Since this was just for me, I scrambled them the way I like, which is to leave a little of the white unmixed, so I get some yolky bits and some white bits. That puts MrsT off - she likes them all one color.

The more I think about it, I think this is just about my favorite way to have an egg - scrambled as a sandwich with a lot of mayonnaise and black pepper:

View attachment 79587

I had to cut the mayonnaise down considerably, as I'm meant to be watching my weight, though I did have just a little smeared on the other piece of bread as well.

Since this was just for me, I scrambled them the way I like, which is to leave a little of the white unmixed, so I get some yolky bits and some white bits. That puts MrsT off - she likes them all one color.
Eggs are a funny thing. There are as many ways to cook them as their are people cooking them. And, then there is everybody's ritual and or method of eating them.

Eggs are a funny thing. There are as many ways to cook them as their are people cooking them. And, then there is everybody's ritual and or method of eating them.
Yeah, I just watched a video of five chefs in the same kitchen, same pan, scrambling eggs five ways, including one guy who threw everything all at one in a cold pan, including the eggs just cracked from the shell, and did the scrambling and cooking all at the same time.

And, you could write a book on how to eat fried eggs. One person’s favourite way can gross somebody else out. I mean, what’s wrong with peanut butter toast dipped in ketchup? Or hot sauce???

And, you could write a book on how to eat fried eggs. One person’s favourite way can gross somebody else out. I mean, what’s wrong with peanut butter toast dipped in ketchup? Or hot sauce???
True. On another forum I'm on (not a cooking one), they have a single sub forum for whatever it is you're eating, and the mods have banned runny egg pics, because seeing them upsets one of the mods.

Guess who's the one who put her over the edge?... :whistling: :laugh:

ETA: the way my wife eats runny fried eggs is baffling. She leaves the yolk intact, eats all the white around the yolk, then slightly breaks the yolk and dips her toast in that, then leaves the part of the egg white the yolk was sitting in - she won't touch that bit. 🤷🏻‍♂️

True. On another forum I'm on (not a cooking one), they have a single sub forum for whatever it is you're eating, and the mods have banned runny egg pics, because seeing them upsets one of the mods.

Guess who's the one who put her over the edge?... :whistling: :laugh:

ETA: the way my wife eats runny fried eggs is baffling. She leaves the yolk intact, eats all the white around the yolk, then slightly breaks the yolk and dips her toast in that, then leaves the part of the egg white the yolk was sitting in - she won't touch that bit. 🤷🏻‍♂️
You'll love the way I eat them then...

I scoop the entire yolk out in one go with a spoon, eat that and then go back for the white!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom