What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love salsa on eggs. Hot sauce is fine, but ketchup is just a hard no, and I don't have a problem with ketchup in general. It has its place. Just not on my eggs. :headshake:
My oldest put ketchup on everything when he was little. Ketchup on eggs, ketchup on carrots (raw), etc. It was hard to watch. Thankfully his sisters didn't follow his path, it would have been too heart-wrenching.

I have a friend who puts ketchup on her steak, no matter how good a steak or how well marinated/seasoned it is. First time we grilled out and I served some prime bone-in ribeyes, I marinated them in a wonderful soy and garlic based marinade. When we sat down to eat, she looked at me and said, "Do you have any ketchup?" I about lost my mind, LOL. I asked her to please taste it beforehand and if she still needed ketchup I did indeed have some. She took a bite and said, "Oh this is wonderful! May I please have some ketchup now?"

Given the current gravy discussion - I have to ask about how you made that gravy...
I bought them from Mr Amazon a couple of months back.

I made parmesan and Panko encrusted chicken thighs baked in the oven for dinner last night, along with mashed potatoes and lima beans with butter and bacon. It was quite good.

You'll love the way I eat them then...

I scoop the entire yolk out in one go with a spoon, eat that and then go back for the white!
My youngest stepdaughter didn't like egg yolks, her next-oldest sister didn't like the whites and only wanted runny yolks for dipping. It was a pretty easy fix in the pan to separate the yolk from the egg and serve them what they liked. It's funny because my husband always had made their eggs before I came into the picture and he didn't do that. The first time I cooked them eggs and noticed them scraping some of it into the trash, I asked why and they explained, so it was a natural occurrence to avoid waste. They were funny in other ways, one of them liked the frosting on the cake and the other one only liked the cake part. Now that they are grown their tastes have totally changed and they will eat just about anything.

I watched his vid, but in the description portion, there's no written recipe ...
Yeah, sometimes he doesn't write them up and just posts a video. I don't have speakers on my desktop puter so I can't hear the sound (I can look/listen later on my phone). Did he mention ingredient amounts in the video?

My oldest put ketchup on everything when he was little. Ketchup on eggs, ketchup on carrots (raw), etc. It was hard to watch. Thankfully his sisters didn't follow his path, it would have been too heart-wrenching.

I have a friend who puts ketchup on her steak, no matter how good a steak or how well marinated/seasoned it is. First time we grilled out and I served some prime bone-in ribeyes, I marinated them in a wonderful soy and garlic based marinade. When we sat down to eat, she looked at me and said, "Do you have any ketchup?" I about lost my mind, LOL. I asked her to please taste it beforehand and if she still needed ketchup I did indeed have some. She took a bite and said, "Oh this is wonderful! May I please have some ketchup now?"

Our son when young was the same as yours. Tomato sauce/ketchup on everything . He would only eat tomato sauce Sammy's for school. My wife used to go mad. People will think we are poor. Or malnourished him. At about 11 years old my wife took him to our dr. He said hes fit and well. Hell grow out of it. When he got to about 12 or 13 he changed, he made up fot to since then. At 14 he and his mate would eat a 6 liter tub of ice cream in one go.

Russ

I made pork vindaloo, butter chicken, Keralan prawns, Chole (Punjabi Chickpeas), Baingan ka Salaan (Hyderabadi aubergines with a spicy peanut/coconut sauce) , spicy Indian style shortbreads, and some mango chutney.
Photos will follow tomorrow, because we´re having an Indian dinner...:happy::happy::happy:
You're just ahead of me..ours is tomorrow.

Russ

Hi there, am usually too lazy 🙂....but here it is as I made them. As I say in the recipe, you could certainly use a bit more sugar than I did if desired. For me they're fine though.

Recipe & Video - Jam Drops Recipe

Edit: I should reiterate it's important to let these cool right down otherwise the hot jam can burn the crap out of your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom