What did you cook or eat today (January 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just managed to get our soup almost cooked before a thunderstorm took out power. (A 30mm of rain in 30 minutes job).

Luckily there was enough heat left in the stove and the pot to finish cooking without power!

Known as 'Catch of the day' soup, it's an almost anything goes in the way of veg soup though the quantities confuse me at times (for example it says 2 medium leeks slice, (about 1 cup). Really? 1 cup = 2 leeks? Not a hope. To be honest a medium leek here is more like 2 cups but there we go.

Hubby added protein, so there's some roasted vegan duck in there as well.

20230130_175757.jpg

It's leeks, fennel, mushrooms, tomatoes and it's meant to be a mix of beans and peas but I only had broad beans handy so it's only got broad beans in it this time around.

I did look at buying some Old Bay Seasoning but it's $17 (US$12) for a 350g container here (https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/000000000000129637) so I'll carry on ignoring that flavour for the time being!

Last edited:
I made an orange pesto for the challenge, and had it on some penne pasta for supper. It was surprisingly good.

View attachment 95671

CD

SatNav gave me an enthusiastic "like."Thank you! I actually think this pesto qualifies as vegan. Wait, not sure about the parm-reg. But, I'm sure there is a vegan cheese substitute. It was very tasty. I made enough for two people, and ate it all myself.

CD

I made Doner Kebabs from this recipe (though I mixed 50/50 lamb/beef). It was a big success - the end result tastes EXACTLY like what I'm used to from the kebab shops of South London. Everyone wanted another one! :angelic:

The Doner roll, frozen, which I have started to cut strips off:

View attachment 95619

A bowlful of the shavings ready for cooking.

View attachment 95620

Air-fried for about 7-8 mins at 200C

View attachment 95621

On a wrap with some mixed salad, dill yogurt sauce I made too, bit of Sriracha:

View attachment 95622

🎶 Ta-dahh 🎵:

View attachment 95623

That looks fantastic and hats off to you for making from scratch. :thumbsup:

IMG_2538.JPG

East Coast Style Hoagie.
I had never heard of nor eaten one until I met my husband.
My SIL taught me how to do it.
Gosh, I haven't made these in a long time.
We had an early morning appointment in town and I needed a few things at the market; the thought struck me to buy the makings for our lunch.
I didn't have potato chips so it was corn chips and diet cola to round the meal out.
DELICIOUS!!!

So I did things a little backwards today (well I mean a little more backwards than usual, which is never quite normal anyway). Around 1 PM I had first meal of the day, leftover pasta primavera topped with a chunk of leftover Chilean seabass that had been baked with a seasoned panko bread crumb topping mixture. So that was breakfast. I had lunch around 4 PM, which was strawberry-filled pancakes topped with Greek yogurt, honey, and fresh blackberries. Dinner will be around 9 PM and it will be steak sandwiches made with thin slices of NY strip, sauteed mushrooms, onions, peppers, and smoked Gouda/white cheddar cheeses on Brioche buns. No sides, the sandwich alone will suffice.

So seemingly I had dinner for breakfast, breakfast for lunch, and will be eating lunch for dinner, all at abnormal hours (well abnormal for other people, LOL). And that's just how I roll!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom