What did you cook or eat today (January 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A sort of deconstructed taco salad:

FDC44658-DBEB-4632-A339-6561201AA431.jpeg

Lettuce, tomato, onion, pinto beans, salad olives, corn, jalapeños, tortilla chips, pepperjack cheese, and salsa vinaigrette.

Yes…those tortilla chips were bought for Christmas, but I kind of forgot about them.

Bonus freebie tonight. Got called for a fill in gig on drums for a Hospital fund raiser. The other guys aren’t here and one of the organizers asked me if I I wanted to join them for dinner. Chicken Supreme with cream gravy on mashed potatoes.

Now, the heaters are down and all of the ladies in the spaghetti straps are getting cold. I think the magician is drunk. He dropped his orb in the cheese cake. I’m hiding in the dressing room waiting for the auctioneer to do his thing. We’re going to start late. Good times.
9B59F158-2859-47F7-B7FF-792CD2444F8C.jpeg

Last edited:
That's very kind of you to say - I do make a bit of an effort but have a looooong way to go - if Morning Glory was a 10 at presentation, I'm a solid 5. :happy:
You set the bar very high. Morning Glory 's photo's could be put in any magazine like BBC Good Food etc. She seems like a natural.
I'd give you at least an 8+. Much better than my own solid 2 (it looks edible) :laugh:

I made Doner Kebabs from this recipe (though I mixed 50/50 lamb/beef). It was a big success - the end result tastes EXACTLY like what I'm used to from the kebab shops of South London. Everyone wanted another one! :angelic:

The Doner roll, frozen, which I have started to cut strips off:

IMG_6693.jpeg

A bowlful of the shavings ready for cooking.

IMG_6694.jpeg

Air-fried for about 7-8 mins at 200C

IMG_6702.jpeg

On a wrap with some mixed salad, dill yogurt sauce I made too, bit of Sriracha:

IMG_6703.jpeg

🎶 Ta-dahh 🎵:

IMG_6705.jpeg

I think I need to get my hubby properly cooking again. Tonight was edible, but I did peel off the coating of the schnitzel because he fried it despite knowing I'm on a diet, along with frying the egg and I know he was liberal with the oil. :(. The peas were excellent on the other hand and I ❤️ garden peas.

20230129_175935.jpg

One of the easy, popular and lovely meals, the cevapcici, minced meat rolls, kind of, they are, here in Croatia, twice as small, but it was possible to leave them as big as this, so I did, less turning in the pan...in Bulgaria we were used to having them in this bigger size, that was the normal.
I can't remember what salad I had along...
20230118_195939.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom