What did you cook or eat today (July 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was quite excited about tonight’s meal - a spicy pork short rib stew with Mexican flavours & loads of choko (I can’t get cactus paddles here) but we are baby sitting 3 younger kids so I will put extra bits on the table so it’s going to be a bit of a mash up.

Mexican pork stew
Sweet potato fries
Corn bread
Ham & white bean soup
Iceberg salad
Bread rolls

Well, not my best, first time cooking this and still getting used to the two grills in my new oven, I'm always a bit nervy of undercooking pork. I overcooked it slightly, but will have another go at it at some point. Not the most photogenic dish tbh.

Anyway, Spare Rib Pork Chop with Almonds. From Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook, Audrey Ellis.

fullsizeoutput_37f7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, not my best, first time cooking this and still getting used to the two grills in my new oven, I'm always a bit nervy of undercooking pork. I overcooked it slightly, but will have another go at it at some point. Not the most photogenic dish tbh.

Anyway, Spare Rib Pork Chop with Almonds. From Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook, Audrey Ellis.

View attachment 17908

I like the idea of the almonds - what is the brown sauce bottom left of photo - or is it Brown Sauce!

We had country-style pork ribs braised in apple cider, chicken stock, with a mirepoix plus mashed potatoes and green beans.

Anyway, Spare Rib Pork Chop with Almonds. From Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook, Audrey Ellis
It looks very tasty all the same. Do you have a meat thermometer? When the temp reaches 71°C (160°F), the pork is done. I do the same for chicken breast.

I like the idea of the almonds - what is the brown sauce bottom left of photo - or is it Brown Sauce!

It was some of this stuff. I tried to artfully drizzle the sauce over and down the edge of the chop, but as I've said, arty farty isn't my forte really.

DSC_0251.jpg

This is the original shot which shows it better, I trimmed the shot to try and make it look better. Is this a better pic or can you wave a magic wand at it?

DSC_0248.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom